“Great pkace for longer stays”

One Washington Circle Hotel
Ranked #31 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

The first advantage is the location. It is walking distance to the white house and almost opposite foggy bottom metro station. The lobby is small but the rooms make up for it. There are different sizes of rooms and what one gets is based on luck - almost all of them have an attached kitchen with micowave, fridge etc. The room which I stayed had separate bedroom living and dining space kitchen. It is an ideal place for longer stays. Staff is very courteous and service is good. The fitness centre is small witj the treadmill not functioning during my stay. This can be an issue when there are more people at the gym. Certainly will return.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank cajithk

Reviewed March 10, 2013

A pleasant surprise. Better than I had anticipated for the price. Rooms are spacious and quiet, with good wi-fi and a well equipped kitchen. Fresh bean coffee and a grinder were a welcome extra. The room layout was a bit odd, but overall it was very comfortable.

Staff managed ably when we need to book a meeting room at very short notice, bringing a projector from another hotel.

I will consider this hotel again, especially for a block booking.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have stayed 4 times at this hotel and every time the experience has been great. The staff was incredibly nice and accommodating to my needs. They are always willing to help me. The rooms are perfect for business trips. I always need space to have private meetings, make coffee and being able to accommodate at least 4 people with their computers brainstorming for long hours. This is the perfect hotel to do that without having to book a separate room.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
GWUInnGM, General Manager at One Washington Circle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear Maria Alejandra C,

Thank you so much for your very kind review of One Washington Circle Hotel. A frequent guest is always welcome and I was so pleased to see that you have stayed with us four times.

Hopefully on one of your next visits we can meet and I can personally welcome you back! Again, than you for your kind words.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

For a room, it was $100 dollars, and parking per night was $30+. There was nothing to great about this hotel. Overall, the hotel needs to be updated. Nasty curtains. It is not a luxuary hotel. If you plan on a really nice stay, I suggest you go to another place. They are located right next to a fire station also,so expect a little extra noise added to the city.The front desk was helpful, valet was slow at times. They didn't have extra cots. They rooms were fully stocked. Good location. It was average, nothing to grand.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kimnik2013

Dear Kimnik2013,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience while a guest with us. While it is nice to get positive reviews, it is also quite helpful to see reviews where a guest did not have the type of stay we strive for.

Admittedly, and I do not know which room you were in of course, there are some rooms that are more susceptible to street noise than others. Not only is there a FireStation a few blocks away, but also GW Hospital right across the street. We are also exposed to different motorcades due to our proximity to the State Department and The White House.

I was sorry to see your disappointment with the room. I will have to make a concerted effort to identfy where we may have some issues with drapes. We do have a planned renovation of all our guest rooms bedding and carpet in the very near future.

I was pleased to see the desk team was good, but I will speak to the valet team about expediting their service.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. I appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We were a little concerned when we pulled up and saw the lobby. Small with a walk up to a plain front desk. Not like a luxury hotel to say the least. Staff was great in taking care of us, though. Real surprise was our room itself. Spacious with a good use of the space. Rooms were quiet and we didn't hear our neighbors. Traffic dies down at night so the city sounds didn't bother us. Once we got to know the layout of the city, we realized the location was awesome! We'll definitely stay there again on our next trip to the wonderful city of DC.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bob B

Dear Bob B,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our property on Trip Advisor.

I was certainly glad to see that the experience you had wasn't too influenced by our intimate lobby! I understand your comments, the lobby isn't all that large for sure.

Most importantly though, as you pointed out, is that the rooms are large and the team friendly. I also appreciate your pointing out the real asset of our location. Our proximity to so many different things is great.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We recently stayed here over Presidents Day weekend for 4 nights and we were impressed. We originally had a room with one bed and as soon as we got in, the sirens were going off. We relocated to room 619 and we hardly heard any sirens at all during the day and rarely at night. We were originally super concerned but it came to be no big deal. Plus, the hotel gives you complimentary earplugs.

The room as everyone said is spacious. Fully stocked kitchen, large and comfy beds, a balcony, and large closets. There is an ironing board, flat screen tv, and free wi-fi. Hotel staff were super friendly. Hotel location is super convenient to a Trader Joe's and Georgetown. They provide you a list of recommended places to eat which was nice - but needs to be updated though. Our stay here was great, especially for the less than $100/night we paid for the room. Would recommend and definitely come back here with a preference to stay in room 619 or any other rooms on that side since we hardly heard any sirens considering that was the only major complaint.

Room Tip: Stay in room 619, hardly heard sirens
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The hotel is very well located, close to 2 metro stations, making it quite easy to get to Amtrak or the airport. Reception staff were friendly and efficient, and the process of checking in and out was quick (which I really value). The property itself is an older one, but clean, with spacious and quiet rooms (I was on the 7th floor). Bathroom was clean, & stocked with large towels. Despite cold weather, room was nicely warm. My room was huge: a large bedroom, a separate living room and work area, and a spate kitchen. Lighting was good for working, with sufficient plugs for a computer and two mobile phone to all charge. the Internet wireless connection was free and fast, and painless to set up.

My room had a full kitchen, they provide pots/pans/plates/cutlery as well as coffee and tea. there is also a whole food grocery store just around the corner, which is great for getting prepared food, or stocking up for those who like to cook for themselves. Next time I come to DC with my wife, I’ll plan to stay here and cook most of our meals indoors (which saves quite a bit of money). Plus, it’s just nice to have a relaxed breakfast or lunch in your bathrobe!

There was a TV in both the bedroom and the living room, with a great selection of channels. The one thing I did not try were the movies, but I’m not into watching movies when I visit DC, I’d rather go to the Smithsonian. The fitness is small, but clean and more than adequate. Three cardio machines and weights: enough to maintain your shape.

Honestly, this was a great place to stay, very reasonable rates, solid amenities, and clean, quiet and comfortable, and in a convenient location. This will be my first choice hotel when I go to DC for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the quiet side
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank anyuser2

Dear Anyuser2,

Your very kind reveiw of One Washington Circle hotel is greatly appreciated! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about all the great amenities we offer, the size of our rooms as well as our general location.

I also greatly appreciate your kind words regarding our staff. As you know, the entire team makes the guest experience happen, and it is always rewarding for everyone to read a great review of their efforts.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay when you bring your wife. Please ask for me when you arrive so I can welcome you personally and meet you.