“Nice find!”

Ranked #29 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Nashville, Tennessee
“Nice find!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was attending a conference at the Ritz just a couple of blocks away and needed an extra night before the conference started. I lucked onto this property with an internet search. Arrived at about 1:30 am after a day of travel and a cab ride from Baltimore airport. The staff could not have been nicer. Upgraded my room. The rooms are cozy, comfortable and spacious. I almost wish I was staying there for the whole conference. Only a couple of blocks from the Foggy Bottom Metro station, it is a great location. You shold really consider this nice little find on your next trip!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GWUInnGM, General Manager at One Washington Circle Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear tlagyn,

We wish you would have stayed with us for the whole trip too! However, the team is proud that you enjoyed your night with us and will consider us again in the future. I truly appreciate the comments about the team.

Thank you for taking the time to write about us; I know this takes your personal time and I really appreciate it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Greek first
Central Point, Oregon
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Large, wonderful rooms. Staff was so friendly. They remember us by name every evening when we returned. Always a smile and asked us how things were. Jamal was particularly great. Very conveniently located, only a couple of minutes to metro. Walking distance to Georgetown, shopping and sights. Although a decent walk for the the monuments, a nice way to do it and get in a little exercise while you're at it. A tip for a better nights sleep, ask for a room on the quiet if you're a light sleeper. Sirens due to the location of the hospital are common. However the view are better on the circle. Very comfortable beds. Kitchens are well equipped and even come with coffee beans and grinder for a cup of fresh coffee in the morning! Loved it!!

Room Tip: Rooms not on the circle are quieter, but if you want the better views, stay on the circle!
Dear cruisincally,

Jamal was so excited to see his name on your review. He is relatively new to pur property and this was his first Trip Advisor comment since joing the team. I am so glad he helped to make your stay that much more enjoyable.

Thank you for taking the time to write about us. I hope you will choose our hotel again in the future.
Luanda, Angola
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Very good location – just upon Washington Circle and few steps away from Pennsylvania Avenue. Foggy Bottom subway station is 3 minutes away.
The reception staff is not so friendly, but efficient. We arrived at the hotel around 13:00 and they didn’t allow us to check in – they said not before 15:00. For someone coming from 2 hours train trip from Philadelphia, that sound really unpleasant. They kept the rule, but not me coming back again.
The concierge was always trying to help and being friendly, but we kept always the idea that it was only for the tip and not genuine.
Good, enormous, comfortable, not so clean room. Large and convenient balcony. Two queen beds. Flat screen TV and mp3 dock station. Large but not so modern bathroom. A 6ft x 9ft kitchen well equipped.
A/C in good condition and working very well.
A little bit expensive. It is a functional but not cozy hotel. If you’re staying a little bit longer or if you care for some extra comfort and design, then this is not the hotel for you – and I’m sure you can find a better one for the same price amount.

Dear HoratioGentil,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. First, I appreciate the positive comments regarding the hotel. I was disappointed that we could not handle your early arrival, this is typically not a problem at all, especially at 1PM; however we obviously did not make this happen and I would like to apologize for that. While our policy is 3PM, we always try to get folks in early if at all possible.

I am hopeful you will give us another try shouldyour travels bring you back to Washington.
Tampa, FL
Reviewed October 16, 2012

On the plus side, room is good size and includes a sitting area and a small kitchen, complete with stove, refrigerator, microwave, etc.
Negatives...TV reception spotty during morning hours, room set up doent let you watch TV while sitting in bed. Worst thing is that proximity to GW Hospital and a police or fire station means you have sirens during the middle of the night. Hotel should have noise insulation windows.

Dear EdfromTampa,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write about our property. I apprecaite the comments regarding the rooms, etc. I was surprised to read of the problems with the televisions. We utilize Directv ad this generally is not a concern; however it may have been a specific problem in the room you were assigned. We actually just implemented a new system for tracking issues such as this, so that I can focus energy on identifying rooms with concerns.

We are alos attempting to identify windows and such that offer more noise cancellation, but the difficulty is in the sliding glass doors. I will continue my search for some solutions.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review. Hopefully you will have another experience with us in the future.
PENN VALLEY
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel has a lot to offer; convenient location, good sized rooms, excellent staff and customer service! The location is perfect for the metro, circulator bus ($1) or simply walking to major sights. The two grocery stores, Whole Foods and Trader Joe's are close, but CVS - even closer, has many grocery items at a fraction of the cost, including fresh salads, wraps & sandwiches.
The hotel staff has been wonderful - it's so nice to be personally greeted on the way in or out, and the lobby is spotless. The free wi-fi works great and the guest laundry facilities were very useful to us, as our stay was fairly long. The TVs are nice and new, bed and kitchen was just fine, having fresh coffee beans and grinder to make daily coffee was really nice, along with a morning paper, available at the front desk. The only drawback to this hotel is something you cannot control in a city: noise. There is a police station and a hospital nearby, so there are sirens to contend with. However, room to room or floor to floor noise was not a problem. If you can tolerate a little urban noise, this is a great place to stay. The full array of room amenities, nice linens and good food at the restaurant leave no complaints. Street noise is the only issue here.

Room Tip: Get as high as you can for less noise, facing away from the circle.
Dear Ronald M,

What a great review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about our property. The numerous items you pointed out regarding the location and accommodations were wonderful, but I am especially appreciative of the comments regarding the team. The entire staff truly enjoys seeing when they have made an impact - it is simple motivation for them to do even more!

Thank you again.
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Very convenient location - close to everything. Very helpful and friendly staff. Not too far from attractions we were going to visit. Large room and full kitchen - clean room. Nothing to complete will visit again. Reasonable price.

Dear Harrin,

Thank you for your review of our property. The team always appreciates being able to see when they made a difference. I am also glad that our product and location worked so well for you.

I am sure your next experience will be just as enjoyable.
rogers222
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have visited this hotel many times over the years and I used to enjoy it immensely, but after recent visits I find that it's no longer on my "favorite" list. It still has the advantage of a nice location and large rooms with kitchens, but something has been lost along the way,.

The hotel seems to have a new ownership structure. Reservations are made collectively for both hotel properties, and calls are taken with a hint of frostiness. Upgrades to regular clients that used to be cheerfully offered are no longer available, and if you ask for one, the frosty attitude turns downright rude. I recently called from overseas to reserve a room and when I had a special request, the reservations clerk insisted that I had to hang up and call again in order to speak with her manager. Sigh.

Room rates are dramatically higher, but there haven't been any significant upgrades to the furnishings to indicate what the money is being spent on. The wifi internet connection is weak and uses an obsolete password system that many hotels abandoned years ago -- it means your internet connection will time out frequently and you'll have to go back and log in again. A small irritation, but one that should be fixed.

The front desk staff is new and undertrained, there is no breakfast available, and the hotel's restaurant (The Circle Bistro), apparently gets written up in the local magazines, but is trendily overpriced, so is not convenient for a tired traveler who just wants a sandwich and a beer.

The hotel offers less but charges more. It's now my "stand by" hotel, that I'll only call when other, better hotels are not available.

Dear Rogers222,

Thank you for your recent review of One Washington Circle Hotel. You bring some very serious concerns forward that are alarming to me. While there has been some change to our operational structure, the process should be more seemless for the traveler and it appears this was not the case for your stay. The majority of the team has been in place for much of the last three years under this structure. I will take the opportunity to evaluate where we can improve.

I clearly do not know the specifics of your stay or which upgrade you were trying to obtain, so I am not sure if there was nothing available; however my concern is more about the attutude that our representative took when explaining the availability. I apologize that this happened.

As I have indicated in some other responses, the property is scheduled for some upgrades in the near future. If you would like to try us again, please feel free to reach out to me and I will be happy to assist you in anyway I can.