“Cool hotel”

The Graham Georgetown
Ranked #9 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed April 21, 2014

A very good small hotel in a very good neighborhood, for those who like fancy expensive chain shops. It is new, so not all taxi drivers know it by name. I stayed there 3 or 4 nights for business. Great staff, great breakfast (quick and simple). My suite was convenient, however the writing desk was in bedroom and there was no use for the front room, besides making the bed farther from the front door (also important). The colour scheme of my room was black-and-white, which underlined its cleanness, but felt a bit cool (cold). Noise from the street in the morning was a little louder than I liked.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank War-chique

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Had a beautiful and elegant surprise birthday celebration this past March. From the planning to the careful execution, Lexi and staff were incredible in making this experience come to life. I will be coming again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I had the great pleasure of staying at the Graham Georgetown hotel for a short 5 day holiday/ business trip with my husband.

I already stayed at some beautiful hotels in the US (maily hotel chains) and nice boutique hotels in Europe... but there was something special about the Graham Georgetown hotel.The hotel is quite small and unique with a very exclusive and private feel. It makes you feel at home. The rooms are absolutely gorgeous and furnished very nice. Our bedroom was very quaint.

What makes the hotel unique from other beautiful hotels is the perfect service and lovely staff. By the time you leave, it feels like you are friends with every member on the staff. The staff are always helpful and attentive, but not in a way that invades your privacy.

I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I stayed recently on a business trip for three nights. The Graham is a small, quiet hotel, with full amenities, close to the restaurants and shops of M street. My room was nicely decorated and had everything i could need. very comfortable bed. The staff were great and very helpful, especially Jackie and Keisha at the front desk. I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We recently had a one night stay at The Graham on a last minute reservation. The hotel has a great location in Georgetown, although there was some occasional street noise related to our room being right at street level. We were given room 102, on the ground floor right behind the reception desk and near the elevators, so in the early evening there was some noise from reception area and the elevators, but by later in the evening it had resolved. There was some car/truck noise early the next morning however.

The room appeared to have been recently refreshed and the bed was very comfortable. The HVAC system was "old style' and slightly noisy when the fan was running. There was only one robe for our king bed room. Bathroom was nice sized but not spacious. The shower was good, although there was a fair amount of plumbing noise when water was being run.

The hotel itself was comfortable, with a great rooftop bar area. Staff was very friendly and attentive. The workout room was very small, with no windows and not very inviting.

We did have an evening meal in the hotel restaurant, which is in a small, but comfortable space in the lower level. The food was excellent, and service was rapid with only one other table eating at what should have been a busy dinner hour.

One complaint we passed on to the staff was that the closet in our room had no minibar refrigerator (which the front desk was not aware of) although there was clearly a space for one and curiously the hotel safe was loose (not anchored) so it could have been picked up and carried out (if someone was totally determined to rob the room).

Overall a pleasant stay at a 3-4 star boutique hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid street level room if possible since you are right at sidewalk level.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Apologies, I'm a few months late in writing this - I was prompted as I am searching for a new bed at home and this hotel has the best beds Ive ever slept in…Hoping you'll share your secrets after reading this please?
After getting married a few months earlier we decided to take a belated honeymoon in Washington DC & Florida and as the Monticello was an old favourite of mine (2 previous visits) I insisted on staying here again. I had followed the revamp news online and kept up to date with the opening and was a little worried that the charm of the Monticello would have disappeared, with all the roof top 'party set' clientele.

A few niggles...

Upon check-in the young man seemed to have a little trouble locating our booking (inc terrace) and initially said it wasn't available, it then became apparent he had mixed up the shared terrace room that we had booked, thinking we had the 'private' terrace room, but after checking with a lady in the office it was cleared up. The room he offered us was on the ground floor directly behind reception, adjacent to the elevator.. I knew this would be noisy so i pointed out it was our honeymoon and asked for another room. All he had was a standard king (without terrace) and that would be a hour before it was ready, which was a no go after a long transatlantic flight, so we risked the first room.

We had no problems with the room/terrace, best beds EVER, spacious and clean but as another person pointed out I cannot understand why one coffee and one decaf coffee are supplied - who wants to have to phone reception for extra coffee when you wake up - Just supply two of each!

Over all during our 4 night stay I was disturbed two of the nights by the elevator and sadly the reception staff/concierge? who were talking and laughing loudly in the early hours of the morning.

My last niggle was on our 3rd morning the cleaning lady knocking to get in the room whilst i was in the shower, she started to enter the room before i could get to the door, i apologised and said we would be out of the room in 30 minutes, her abrupt and rather rude response was that 'I should have used the do not disturb sign' WHICH funnily enough we never had as I had looked for it on day one (on honeymoon!!) and assumed they didn't use them. Either way no excuse for rudeness, especially to a paying customer.

Apart from this it was a wonderful trip to Georgetown as always, it wouldn't deter me from returning back to this hotel, although Id request a different floor away from the elevator.

Maybe some of the Monticello's old personal charm has gone but the location, the revamp of the rooms and the view from the roof top bar kind of make up for it. Its a shame the terrace isn't kept for residing guests only, that way we may have gotten a seat.

Room Tip: Away from elevator, don't take the one behind reception if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I love love love The Graham! I travel a lot, so it's important to me to stay somewhere like The Graham. The rooms are spacious, beds are comfy, staff is amazing, food is fabulous and the location is perfect...will never stay anywhere else when I'm in Georgetown/DC.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo