“Great Location & Friendly Staff”
Review of The Georgetown Inn

The Georgetown Inn
Ranked #95 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Great location in Georgetown! Within walking distance to good dining and shopping spots. The hotel itself is need of refurbishment. Very old and dated. The shower was horrible and bathroom tiny. Beds are super uncomfortable. But location and friendly staff save the day.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
GeorgetownGM, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgetown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to The Georgetown Inn. We appreciate your recognizing the members of our staff for their friendliness and the attributes of our great location in the heart of historic Georgetown. Let me assure you that your feedback is very important to our continued success. As we continue to move forward with necessary improvements to our facility, we hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Positives: 1) Great location. 2) Bed was very comfortable.
Negatives:1) I tried to order room service breakfast for each of the 3 mornings I stayed at the hotel. On 2 of the 3 mornings, they failed to deliver my breakfast in time. Worse, there was no apology. When I called on the first occasion to ask where my breakfast was, the response was, "I have no idea." When I called on the second occasion to say I'd have to cancel the order because once again they'd failed to deliver, the response was "Uh-huh."!!! Even when I pointed out what bad service this was, there was no apology. I've never known such bad service in the US. 2) The A/C wasn't working so the room was permanently cold. 3) There was a clear gap between the window and wall, so the wind howled noisily into the room and into my face all night! 4) Sparks flew from the socket when I tried to use the hair-dryer.

Overall I could live with the flaws in the room - especially if the hotel's going to be renovated. But there's no excuse for bad service and that is what has definitely put me off ever staying there again or recommending it to anyone.

1  Thank D G

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to The Georgetown Inn. We sincerely regret that our facilities and restaurant services did not exceed your expectations. However, on the subject of the air-conditioning in our guestrooms -- we have just completed the replacement of our entire heating ventilation and air conditioning systems with a personalized climate control system to ensure that future guests will have more enjoyable experiences at our hotel. We hope to win back your confidence as we move forward other necessary improvements to our hotel. We sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

The Georgetown is a perfect location for visiting DC and especially Georgetown. From the time we arrived we were well taken care of, the valets were wonderful about dealing with all the baby "stuff" my daughter and I were travelling with. Our room was very comfortable, nicely appointed, the bath amenities and bathrobes were very nice, a Keurig in the room was a very nice touch, as was free parking.

The only drawbacks were that the bathroom itself was really showing its age, the sink, vanity and shower need to be replaced, the shower actually has paint in covering scratches and the tile grout is badly stained. A partially repaired hatch in the ceiling was unattractive. Everything was spotlessly clean, but very dated and over used. The other was only mildly disconcerting - room service never arrived for breakfast, promised within 15 minutes of scheduled time, we received a call 15 minutes before saying that their was a glitch in the system and they could not charge it to our room, I said I would pay in cash. 30 minutes later I called and was tolt that the chef had just started cooking it - we were very pressed for time and cancelled - Breakfast is VERY expensive, $15.95 for three eggs, toast and sausage, no juice or coffee, so perhaps that was for the best.

All in all though we would gladly go back and plan to do so soon. We would gladly recommend the Georgetown Inn.

Room Tip: Ask if you are being given an updated room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
GeorgetownGM, Director of Sales at The Georgetown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to The Georgetown Inn. We appreciate your recognition of some of our staff for their dedicated service! However, we do regret that our facilities did not exceed your expectations. Since new ownership, there have been many improvements at The Georgetown Inn such as the replacement of our entire heating ventilation and air conditioning system with a new state-of-the-art personal climate control system to ensure that future guests will have more enjoyable experiences at our hotel. We are very pleased to maintain your trust as we move forward with other necessary improvement projects at our hotel. In the meantime, we look forward to your next visits and hope you will continue to recommend our hotel to friends and colleagues!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I always enjoy my stay and the people like Abi, Manny, Nelson Corrian, Bryant, Diamond, TJ, Karen, Ayreal, Tony and Angel
Your staff is very accomedating and frienly this not trained its already there its what you saw when they became apart of the team.

Room Tip: More USB ports
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
GeorgetownGM, General Manager at The Georgetown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you for your thoughtful comments regarding your most recent visit to The Georgetown Inn and for recognizing some of our associates for their outstanding service. We are ecstatic that The Georgetown Inn is your "second home!". All of us at The Georgetown Inn will sincerely look forward to your future visits. In the meantime, we hope that you will continue to refer our hotel to other travelers to our Georgetown and this nation's capital!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

the georgetown inn is a charming small hotel in the middle of everything -- the location could not be more convenient and the staff are really outstanding and go out of their way to be as helpful as possible.
the rooms are wonderful in that they are not the usual cookie cutter with every looking the same . however, this lovely old place is in need of a facelift --- fortunately it seems that they've started. while we were there, work was going on with the heating and cooling system. my room was a bit too cold and when i mentioned it to the desk, a nice little space heater was brought up. the bathroom amenities are very nice, but that's an area that could use some make over work and in general there are some pieces in some of the rooms that just seem a bit tired (i was there with about 10 other people, so saw more than just my room).
as i said however, there are so many lovely things about this little hotel that it's possible to overlook some of the less than desirable aspects - and especially given that those areas seem to be in the works. and let me just say again, the staff are outstanding.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your thoughtful and balanced comments regarding your most recent visit to The Georgetown Inn. Your feedback means a great deal to all of us at The Georgetown Inn. We are pleased that your group's visit to Georgetown and the nation's capital was a such an overall success! We will certainly look forward to your future visits to Georgetown. In the meantime, we hope that you will refer our hotel to other travelers to our destination.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

I was hoping the hotel had the charm displayed in the website photos. I was looking for a romantic getaway ...the hotel looked charming on the web site and you can't beat the location. It was pricey but I don't mind paying if the place meets your expectations. Although the restaurant was nice and overall service very good, our room was a disaster. It was outdated, smelled moldy and had mismatched furniture. The bathroom fixtures were loose and the ceiling in one of the closets was non existent. Furniture faux leather and very uncomfortable. There were cups in the room for coffee that seemed like a nice gesture but after seeing a recent tv show on hotel cleanliness I asked for clean cups from the housekeeping cart. There weren't any so now I wonder how they are cleaning the cups.
When I asked the front desk staff why my room wasn't anything like the picture on the website I was told those pictures are of the newly refurbished rooms on the 2 nod floor. Hmmm....they didn't offer to make any changes to my bill.

I'm a frequent traveler and certainly won't go back here again

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback about your recent visit to The Georgetown Inn. We regret that our facilities did not meet or exceed your expectations. As you know, we replaced our entire heating ventilation and air conditioning systems with a state-of-the-art personal climate control system to ensure that future guests will have more enjoyable experiences at our hotel. However, we hope to win back your trust and serve you again in the future as we move forward with other necessary improvements to our hotel.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stayed at the Georgetown Inn for a week leading up to a year-long war zone deployment. The staff were exceptional - they went out of their way to be helpful, even though I was probably an unusually demanding customer. The location is perfect, the room was lovely, and the food in the restaurant is great.

A+!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite - the "Georgetown Suites" are very large, and rather quiet. Note: on Frid...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Not Disclosed N

First of all, all of us at The Georgetown Inn appreciate and thank you for your service! We are very pleased that your visit to Georgetown and the nation's capital was an overall success! Your feedback means a great deal to all of us and helps to renew out commitment to achieve the highest standard of customer service. We will certainly look forward to your future visits after your safe return from your deployment. In the meantime, we hope that you will refer our hotel to other travelers to our destination.