The Georgetown Inn
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$328
$287
  • Breakfast included
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
$188
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$479
$220
$194
$293
$280
$238
$225
  • Pool
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$389
$171
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$428
$335
Hotels.com
$351
$314
$502
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat locationwisconsin avem streetfront deskcollege visitcan't beat the locationpotomac riverattached restaurantcharming hotelbit datedwithin walking distancewe've stayedsitting areavalet parkinghome away from homerooms are spaciousfew blocks
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Georgetown Inn is one of those rare places where you feel like you've been there before...a "homey" feel. Checking in was uneventful with a very pleasant young lady welcoming us. Our room was facing a small street, so road noise was not an issue. The room was huge, with a king bed and sitting area and television. The WiFi was included but tended to be "touchy"...meaning that you would have to re-login once in a while. Annoying, but in the scheme of things, not that important. My wife and I usually take a tolerant view of all things that happen in life and that view would hold you in good stead with this property...the bathroom was a bit dated with a Parisian brothel motif, but the water was hot, the shower good and the toilet flushed.The room was quiet, air conditioning fine, and the bed comfortable. What more could you want? The location, for us, is fantastic. Close enough to the main attractions of DC and far enough from those attractions to enjoy the multitude of restaurants available in Georgetown. In conclusion, I will stay at the Georgetown Inn again.

Room Tip: My two tips would be to get a room away from Wisconsin Avenue and if possible, stay at the Georgetown Inn during the week as Georgetown in VERY busy during the weekend.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tommy3stix
GeneralManager2013, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgetown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are truly happy that you and your wife had such a great time while you stayed with us. We strive to make all of our guests feel at home, and we are pleased that you felt that way during your time here.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Georgetown Inn, and if you need any suggestions for places to go, or things to eat, we would be more than happy to offer you some suggestions. As you mentioned, we are steps away from hundreds of shops, restaurants, and attractions so there are plenty of options and new places to experience.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel has a great location. The staff are welcoming. The rooms are pleasant with the notable exception of the bathrooms. These are very small with old fashioned taps in the sink which are difficult to pull and, in our room, no bath but a shower only. Also no safe. Having said this, staying at the Georgetown Inn is an overall good experience. And the location is perfect.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We value guest feedback such as yours. It is great to hear that you had a wonderful time here in Georgetown. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Georgetown Inn next time you are in our nation's capital.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

One of the few things this hotel has going for it is its location. The hotel needs a serious upgrade and refurbishment. Its installations, from carpets, toilets, sinks, showers are all extremely old, and the room i was in did not have a safe, which nowadays most hotels have. The staff is not very well trained, and many times when calling the front desk, housekeeping etc, no one would answer. The sound insulation between rooms and corridor is terrible, making you hear every last word from a rather loud staff.
But WORSE of all is the General Manager's attitude towards guests. Prior to my arrival i called asking if i could send Amazon packages to the hotel. I was informed that yes. Upon checkin i was told i had several packages and if i would like them delivered to my room, i said yes. Later that day my packages were delivered.
The next day i got a call that the Gen. Mgr, Charles Davis, would like to speak with me. Once he came out he advised me that i was going to be charged $5 per package received. I asked where was it mentioned that such a charge existed, and he said in the hotel handbook in the room.

I said, and he didnt disagree, that neither the hotel's website, expedia website, the person who i called before arrival, the person at check-in, and the person who delivered the packages, none had mentioned such a charge. So i said i didnt think was fair that the only place that this $5 was stated was in book that could only be found inside the room.
If the book stated that showers were extra, would i have to pay it too? He proceeded to charge me regardless, unfortunately Amazon did not group my items in a big box and sent 30 different packaged, so i ended up being charged $150, and and im now hiring a lawyer to contest it (even though it will cost me more than the $150, its a question of principle, and hopefully the hotel might even have to pick up my legal bill if it is judged in my favor.
Have been to many hotels throughout the US and the world and have never been charged for packages, but the worse is that the only place the policy is stated is in a book, inside the hotel room.
Unless there is a significant renovation and hopefully better training and a respect for the guests, i will never go back there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank doode1103

We regret that we did not meet or exceed your expectations. While stays like these are not typical at The Georgetown Inn, we do appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I rarely engage in the bashing of products and services, preferring to withhold comment except for occasions of excellence. However, my recent experience at the Georgetown Inn forced my hand. I have stayed at the Inn several times prior to this most recent experience, including for the wedding of my cousin several years ago, during which most of my extended family was there. It was always pleasant. Somewhat dated, but a good value with perfectly good service. Things have changed.

Last weekend, my wife and I went to DC for our anniversary and stayed at the Inn. The newly-renovated rooms seemed fine, and we went to roam around Georgetown to shop and eat dinner. Upon our return later in the evening, the room seemed very cold. It was a mild day, and we had set the heat at 70 degrees. Air was blowing out of the vent, but the room was around 60. We called, and the front desk casually relayed that they had turned off the heat. For our side of the building. In May. They asked if we wanted to change rooms, but at 10pm we had no interest in packing up and moving, so they offered a space heater. We got one that was so small it barely made a dent, and wound up sleeping at 60-65 degrees. OK, so that's a bit absurd, but whatever, we'll live.

When I woke up the next morning, though, and wanted to shower, the fixture was broken and no hot water would come out. by holding the flimsy fixture together just so, one could get some intermittent warm water, but it was on the opposite side of the stall and thus it was impossible for one to simultaneously hold the fixture and get under the stream of water. So I went forward with a 50 degree morning shower. At this point, I'm not real happy. I've had better experiences heat-wise for 10% of the price in India and Africa.

When we went to check out I asked to speak to a manager to discuss our issues and the $180 we paid for a pretty lousy room. I was told that there was no manager on duty and that the desk only had a 10% leeway on rebates. I'm reasonable, so I said OK, $18 is not really enough, but if you could tell a manager to call me the next day, we can work something out. Well, I didn't receive a call, so I called back on Tuesday. I was told the manager was gone again, and so I left a voice mail explaining the situation and asking him to call. No response the next day. I called and talked to another person at the desk who said he understood the situation, and would relay my desire to speak with his manager immediately that evening. Again, no call. Finally I called last Friday and was told that the manager was there but indisposed. I left a FOURTH message on his voice mail to please call me. Nothing.

I am a pretty patient, reasonable guy, but this situation is comical. We paid $180 for a room with no heat or hot water, and a management team that couldn't give less of a damn about it. My advice is to avoid this place like the plague, as their lack of professionalism is staggering. The location is excellent, but it is clear they are banking on that and nothing else at this point.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank ABDRichmond
GeneralManager2013, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgetown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are deeply disappointed that we did not meet or exceed your expectations. We are aware of the issues you described, and we have taken, and are taking measures to fix them. Currently the hotel can only run heat or air conditioning, and it takes a couple of days to switch between the two. We will be undergoing major construction in the coming months to equip all rooms with independent heating and air conditioning units.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Walk to everything! We've stayed here a couple of times and have always enjoyed this historic location that it is so centrally located in Georgetown. Cute suite is very reminiscent of the rich cultural feel of historic DC. A must visit for breakfast is the Billy Martin's Tavern across the street where history is abundant, including where many spies were served & booth #3 where John F. Kennedy proposed to Jackie, & much more. The view at our first room was of an unattractive rooftop, but we weren't in the room much during daylight so it didn't matter. Overall great value for the area & this is coming from a couple of locals who grew up nearby.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful time in Georgetown. Martin's Tavern is indeed a great place to eat, drink, and relive history. We hope that you were able to visit other historic sites and great eateries just steps away from the hotel; if not, just ask us for some suggestions during your next visit.