Tripadvisor

8:00 PM
OR
Order Online
Ranked #303 of 4,076 Restaurants in Washington DC
Description: Texas de Brazil is a Brazilian steakhouse, or churrascaria, that features endless servings of flame-grilled beef, lamb, pork, chicken, and Brazilian sausage as well as an extravagant salad area with a wide array of seasonal chef-crafted items.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our main server was Jose and we received excellent service from him and from those bringing the meat to the table. We arrived for lunch and enjoyed a spacious space with not much of a lunch crowd. The salad spread was good but the main winning point is the meat. I loved the picanha. We brought family from overseas and they enjoyed the churrascaria experience.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (142)

Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

Excellent Brasilian restaurant. Location very cozy and personnel very kind. Recommended for beef lovers.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 8, 2019 via mobile

This is one of three major Brazilian churascuria chains in the area, along with Fogo de Chao and Chima. I received a gift card to this place and was happy to try it. Overall, it was a good dining experience; our server Carlos was very friendly, engaging, and knowledgeable about the meats and wines. I found the meats themselves a bit over salted and not quite as good as Fogo. Otherwise very similar to the other two competitors; this experience is about the meat, don’t fill up on the salad bar. If the location suits you, it’s a good choice for your meat fix.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed October 12, 2019

Today a great friend treated me to a belated birthday lunch and drink celebration. Now she knows I love to eat and I love me a good steak! Wow, as we walked in I noticed the servers walking to tables carving meat and I decided to have the meat lunch opposed to veggie!

I loved it.. lamb...steak...chicken wrapped in bacon... oh man! I was one happy appreciative diner. The drinks were awesome! I can’t wait to return for dinner one day!

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed October 3, 2019 via mobile

This was our first night in Washington DC and we saw this place as we were walking around getting our bearings. We saw a few food options on our walk but decided to drop in here as we do love the meats! We arrived and were greeted warmly and seated at a nice table. It was a Saturday night and the restaurant was relatively quiet, but that was a bonus for us. We were served by Eddie and Carlos, both of which were fantastic servers and had excellent customer service, we were taken care of! We noticed this buffet was a bit pricey for our budget but decided to treat ourselves and pull it back another night. Carlos suggested a house mango lemonade pitcher (which was fantastic) and then explained about the food and the process. So we got some food. The salad options were a mixture of meats, prawns, cheese, vegetables and fruit along with dressings, pasta, couscous, along with hot foods like mashed potato, sautéed mushrooms and so much more. Then there were the blocks of beautiful, melt in the mouth meats such as fillet, flat iron steak, chicken, sausage and lamb. The food was delicious and the ambience of the surroundings was relaxed and contemporary. The guys bringing the meats were very friendly and were only too happy to bring you meats that you’d like more of, if you just ask. We had a wonderful evening and cannot recommend this place enough! Thank you!!

Date of visit: September 2019