“Good Hotel Stay for a tight budget”

Georgetown Inn West End
Ranked #94 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel was exactly what we needed. We checked in before check-in time; and thankfully they let us check in early. We were grateful for that. The hotel smelled clean and everything looked well maintained. We stayed in one of the King Suites. It was great! There's a hallway when you enter and to your left is the bathroom and to your right is a bedroom with a door. Straight ahead is a living room with a desk, sofa, arm chair, small table with 2 chairs, flat screen tv and a little closed off area with a microwave, refridgerator, paper towels, small sink and coffee maker. The bathroom was granite counter tops with granite floors and it was very clean. Even the caulking looked like it was just redone. The only complaint about the bathroom was it was small, but we didn't mind it. The bedroom had a king bed with another flat screen tv and there is an alarm clock with an iPhone docking station. The whole suite had a total of 3 A/C's which you could adjust individually. The kitchen also had 2 sets of plates, glasses, coffee mugs and utensils. In the bathroom they give you small pantene shampoo, conditioner and small lotion. They also leave a shower cap and a packet to shine your shoes. Service was pretty good; we ran out of toilet paper and 5 seconds later someone was there with an extra roll. We did notice after our first day that housekeeping visited, but didn't leave us any extra towels, but took the old ones. We were a little annoyed at this, but they came and quickly fixed the issue. We went to the complimentary breakfast in the morning; there was coffee with coffeemate available, biscuits (soft and hot), sausage sauce, french toast, muffins, bagels, cereal, orange juice, milk. I wish they had some more healthy choices, but this was still very nice. The location is great; you are right in Foggy Bottom near GW University. Walking distance to the memorials. Very safe neighborhood. Great Experience and every time we go to DC, we will stay here. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: We had a suite and it was quiet, spacious and well equipped.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vacationthupas
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed May 26, 2013

For me and my daughter this hotel was fine. The location was great. Between two Metro stations of different lines (Foggy Bottom & Dupont Circle), walking distance to Georgetown and close to a grocery store and CVS pharmacy. The entrance is charming and the front desk people were welcoming and helpful. Our room was on the first floor looking onto on alley (my husband would have hated it) but we were okay with it as it was mostly a place to sleep. We were out most of the days and evenings (theatre). The rooms were clean, beds comfortable, cleaning staff good and the small kitchenette was nice. The bathroom was very small and with the door opening in, it made it even more awkward. One of our towel bars kept falling out of its holder, there was absolutely no counter space on which to put travel toiletries and no indentation or dish for the hand soap until we flipped over a glass cover to keep it from sliding into the sink. Both hall closet sliding doors consistently fell off the track and had to be lifted to open and close. I've had better breakfasts at Best Western hotels but the coffee was good. I would stay here again although perhaps not if I were traveling with my husband.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
KL, Malaysia
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I put up at the Best Western Georgetown for two whole weeks on a recent business trip. I chose it because it's fairly close to the Foggy Bottom Metro stop and is a short walk to Georgetown, Dupont Circle and the building for work on Connecticut Ave.

Arriving on the 6am flight and having to go straight to work, I was glad that there was already an available room upon my arrival on the Monday and I was allowed to check in immediately. The front office personnel at the time was incredibly helpful.

I was given room 709, which is right in the front of the hotel, and I loved that the room faced the main street. (It was at times a little noisy with sirens going past through to the nearby George Washington Hospital, but I like a little activity around me so all was well.) Best of all, there were two large windows which let a lot of natural light into the room. Loved it.

The room was HUGE. Which I also absolutely loved, given I had to spend two weeks in it! There was a large sitting area with a sofa and a coffee table, a small kitchenette with a mini fridge, cabinets & cutlery, a small sink, a microwave & coffee/tea making facilities. The kitchenette was a wonderful service to have, as I'd sometimes be too tired to have a proper meal at a restaurant and just wanted to have a cozy dinner in.

The bed was also humongous, especially for a lone traveller. A little larger than king-sized, being two super singles pushed up together. The bed was really high, but the beddings were wonderfully crisp and clean, and the mattress comfortable, but still firm. (I prefer firm mattresses to soft.) There was an extra blanket and two extra pillows in the wardrobe (in case the five pillows on the bed weren't enough!)

The bathroom was a little small, but at the expense of having more space in the room proper, I have no complaints! However, the bathtub is very shallow; it would've been nice to have a proper tub in which to soak in after long days at work or out exploring the City. The provided hairdryer was pretty decent (mine wouldn't work!) but it would occasionally and abruptly stall. My usual remedy would then be to switch it off for a few minutes, then try again.

The wardrobe was a little small, but came supplied with two folding luggage racks, an iron and ironing board. I loved the convenience of having just about everything I needed already provided for in the comfort of my own room!

Having lived in there for two full weeks, I have to say, it was just as comfortable as being in my own house. Loved the experience!

The only thing that I was less than impressed with was the breakfast provided. The breakfast room was located in the basement (which wasn't really an issue) but the breakfast offering was pretty dismal. There was yoghurt and canned fruits, bananas, oatmeal premix & cereal. The hot food section consisted of only one option, usually rubbery scrambled eggs. There was also a bread & pastries box, as well as a pancakes machine. It would have been nice to have had a bit more options for the hot breakfast offerings.

The hotel does not have a restaurant for lunch & dinner, but there are plenty of food options along M Street and further up at Dupont or near the Foggy Bottom Metro, all within a 5-10mins walk.

I didn't have very much interaction with the hotel staff, to be honest, but what I did have was politely pleasant, if a bit distant. Still, no complaints at all, as all my requests and inquiries were handled to perfection.

I'd recommend this place to anyone who'd be either travelling with a family, or would like a comfortable place to call home for an extended stay, in a great location for a reasonable fee.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank IshDewyn
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I would give it a 4 star rating if it was closer to attractions. It is actually a 15 min walk to the georgetown historic strip- the area its in is mainly hotels!

Accomodations were clean but outdated- this place is in need of renovations, but mainly decorative. Breakfast room was a bit small. Breakfast itself was at par but could be improved- I'm being very critical here. I enjoyed breakfast but was with a large group and not everyone was satisfied- such as the sausage gravy- weird!

Staff were extremely nice and helpful- a girl lost her passport and the staff was dilligent in helping her call the consulate etc.

The neighbourhood itself, while not central, is interesting and cute. I encourage you to get lost in washington- I personally loved embassy row!

All in all i enjoyed DC very much and when I speak to people about my trip I don't really talk about the hotel because there is nothing that stood out in my mind that was wrong, but also nothing that stood out that was extremely great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Emartelluzzi
Oslo
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed three nights at this hotel in March, and were very happy. It's in an excellent location, with walking distance to all the major sights an the lively neighborhoods Dupont Circle, Georgetown and Foggy Bottom.

The reception area and rooms are clean and inviting, although the decor may be a bit dated. Breakfast and WiFi was included. The WiFi worked without a hitch, and the breakfast was excellent. Having stayed at American hotels with complimentary breakfadt before, I expected Danish, croissants and jam only. But no- there was a full breakfast buffet, with fruit, cereals, pancakes, bacon and eggs, etc. I was pleasantly surprised!

The rooms were large, with comfortable beds, a fully stocked bathroom and ample towels. And best if all: the small kitchenette with a coffemaker, a fridge and a cooker. Perfect for families with small kids who don't want to eat out at every meal (like us).

The staff is friendly and accommodating.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone who travels on a budget, and I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013