My husband and I went to Washington as tourists in October 2007 and spent four nights at the Georgetown Hotel and Suites. The hotel is very well located, close to the Metro, Georgetown, Dupont Circle, and George Washington University. The National Mall is a pleasant 1 mile walk. The area felt very safe and there was enough activity on the streets to feel safe late into the evening. The hotel has no restaurant or bar, but there are dozens of them nearby. I found it to be an ideal location.
We checked in our room mid-afternoon but did not try to use the air conditioner until about 10:30pm. We found the air conditioner didn't work, and it actually had duct tape on it. The room was quite warm and stuffy. We called the front desk, and were immediately moved to a room with two well-functioning air conditioners. We found hotel staff to be very accomodating and courteous. The air conditioner was my only complaint about this hotel - so if you go test out the amenities right away.
The rooms are larger than a typical hotel room and were pleasantly decorated. Everything was clean and fresh, with nice bed linens and thick, plush towels. The beds were quite comfortable. Our first room had one queen bed and a sofabed, along with several chairs; our second room had two queen beds and three chairs around a table. Both rooms had a small fridge, sink, and microwave, along with a few dishes and silverware, plus a 1-2 cup coffeemaker and coffee. A hair dryer, iron and ironing board were provided. The bathroom was clean and had everything we needed.
The continental breakfast is just average, but the breakfast room was pleasant and well-kept. There was cold cereal, instant oatmeal, toast/english muffins/bagels, hard-boiled eggs, pastries and donuts that were nothing special, and juice, coffee, and milk.
Next to its location, the best thing about this hotel was it's price. We paid $158.00 per night, when most hotels in that area were charging $250-$400 per night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the secure, exclusive downtown Georgetown neighborhood, close to the White House, Dupont Circle, World Bank, George Washington University & more. Convenient walk to 3 METRO Stations & more than 50 restaurants within 3 blocks Easy access to museums, monuments & all sightseeing points of interest Walk to famous Embassy Row & numerous international embassies Shopping & entertainment right at your doorstep Just a short walk to numerous art galleries! SUPERB ACCOMMODATIONS & SERVICES All 76 elegant guestrooms are spacious suites with separate living room & bedroom areas Equipped with refrigerator, microwave, coffee-maker, iron/ironing board & hairdryer Recently renovated bathrooms with beautiful blue pearl vanities, tiles & foyers The new Business Center is well equipped for your on-the-road office needs 500 Square feet of flexible meeting space available for up to 30 people Free high-speed wireless internet access in all guestrooms Free day passes for LA Fitness Center nearby ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Georgetown Inn West End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Georgetown Hotel And Suites
- Best Western Georgetown Hotel Washington Dc
- Best Western Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Best Western