“Sushi review”

Banana Leaves Asian Restaurant & Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Banana Leaves Asian Restaurant & Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #735 of 3,463 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I had sushi only. 1 roll spicy tuna, 1 roll Tuna avacodo roll and 1 Eel roll. ( $18 total). Sushi was good and I ordered it online from my hotel so I just walked in and picked it up.

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We went in 3 days twice to Banana leaves and it was amazing delicious. The seafood is great and everything is fresh. High quality for less money. Yammi! Highly recommended!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I really enjoyed this place I ate at the bar but there is an upstairs and downstairs. The food was of good quality and very tasty not overly salty but just right.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and I were staying at the Washington Hilton and my daughter and her boyfriend both live in DC and met us for dinner. Based on online reviews, I chose Banana Leaves since everyone but me loves sushi, and I can always find something to eat.

We got there at about 6:45PM on a Tuesday and there were no tables available, so we sat at the bar - kind of noisy. We started out with a round of drinks, mojitos for my daughter and I, Japanese beer for her boyfriend and wine for my wife. The mojitos were nothing special, I'd skip them next time.

We had very good Vietnamese shrimp spring rolls and fried vegetable dumplings, and so-so edamame for appetizers. The other three had sushi and said it was great. I had spicy basmati fried rice with crab and some kind of berries and pineapple - it came in a carved out 1/2 pineapple - it was really good, I highly recommend.

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled onto this place while in the Dupont Circle area sightseeing. We were seated right away. Many were ordering sushi, but we opted to ask out waiter for suggestions and were pointed to Malaysian house specialties. (We were told the owner is Malaysian.) We enjoyed both dishes. A lovely, very affordable find.