“This used to be a lot better”

Banana Leaves Asian Restaurant & Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Banana Leaves Asian Restaurant & Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #789 of 3,237 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Baku, Azerbaijan
“This used to be a lot better”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I went for dinner recently...the food used to be a lot better. I sat downstairs, listening to a very loud party of four, boasting about their VIP friends (eg Clinton). Behind the bar, there were 3 men working hard, making sushi, very methodically, in absolute silence.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank BraBuMag

washington, DC
“Very good. A Sure Value”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

One of my favorite restaurants in DC. Very good menu, wide choice of dishes, very friendly. I like the upstairs room.

• Visited April 2013
Joshua, Texas
“Great find”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great neighborhood find around the Washington Hilton. Arrived with 4 adults and 2 babies and were pleasantly surprised at how the staff accommodated all of us. Food was great and the service was very attentive.

• Visited April 2013
new york
“Good food and service”
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice little restaurant very close to the Washington Hilton hotel. They have a nice fusion menu and the server was extremely helpful and courteous.

• Visited March 2013
WashingtonDC
“okay sushi and noodles; standard Asian fare”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My partner and I ordered from Banana Leaves using the LivingSocial online ordering service. It was actually really easy to use, and was able to satiate my craving for sushi I was having.

We got a spicy tuna roll and a spider roll, and they were both fine. They weren't anything crazy special, but at the same time they weren't bad. There wasn't enough crab in my spider roll. You can mess up sushi so easily, but Banana Leaves had okay sushi. We also ordered the Singapore noodles to try something not sushi-related. They were tasty, and didn't skimp on the chicken!

But since we ordered in, I can't comment on the actual vibe of the restaurant or the service.

Overall, I would say that Banana Leaves is a typical Asian place that I wouldn't go out of my way to go to, but it gets the job done!

• Visited March 2013