“Banana's for Banana's ?”

Banana Leaves Asian Restaurant & Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Banana Leaves Asian Restaurant & Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #789 of 3,237 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Lake Tahoe (Nevada), Nevada
“Banana's for Banana's ?”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Small place near the Hilton hotel. I would say some of the friendliest staff I ever met.very caring people.

I ordered the crab Rangoon as a tester dish which I always try at any Asian place.excellent! The crab the crispness and flavor was perfect. The sauce which looks like a shrimp was ended up being a spicy sweet sauce creamy as well.
The spicy sour lemongrass soup with chicken was another spot on experience.

The entree was a little different.I ordered the lemongrass chicken which had a nice presentation served with I think jasmine rice and a skewer of vegetables which had excellent flavor. My only issue was that the chicken though very tender tasted nothing more then teriyaki. You know when you have been traveling all day arrive in a city and want to eat and go to bed?
I know your not supposed to go to bed after eating but my point is that I was too tired to ask about the taste of lack of lemongrass. I will come back to try it again before leaving DC.

Why eat here? Overall the food and people are great nice atmosphere and they serve sushi too.i also classify this as Thai food hope I am right.

Why not? You don't like good Asian food

“Don't miss this gem”
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Apparently they've rebuilt from a fire which is a good thing because the food and drinks are awesome! Not what we were expecting (Thai because that's what the concierge said) but it was better than expected! Don't miss the black sesame ice cream - really it's yummy! Clean and friendly staff, quick lunch service.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good food and Great service!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I thought this was a great restaurant! The service was fantastic and the food was very good. Word to the wise.....if you are not adventurous with your food be careful what you order. My traveling companion has a fairly bland palate, and decided to go wild on his order. I told him he should stick to what he knew, but despite my objections he ordered something he was not familiar with, and ultimately did not care for. My food was fabulous. I would definitely put this on my places to go if you have an adventurous palate!

• Visited August 2012
Cleveland
“Large selection of good Asian food”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Restaurant has extensive menu of both sushi and other Asian dishes. Fried calamari was excellent and not greasy. Entrees were a nice size but big enough to share by 2 people. Service was very good. Banana dessert needed more sauce. Three-course dinner for two plus bottle of wine was around $80 -- much less than many other DC restaurants.

• Visited August 2012
New Jersey
“So so”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Went for lunch, didn't know what small green salad was. Eel was one big overlooked hunk that I could barely separate with my chopsticks. No thanks.

Visited July 2012