“Like New Orleans in DC”
Review of Acadiana

Acadiana
Reserve with OpenTable
Acadiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 3,229 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Transit: Closest Metro is Gallery Place Chinatown on the Yellow, Green and Red Lines. Washington Circulator bus stops directly in front of restaurant on the New York Avenue Side.
Description: Acadiana offers the flavors, culture and the warmth of the seductive southern region. They offer the perfect balance of the old and new...taking advantage of the rich bounty found in the Mississippi Delta, Bayous and the Gulf of Mexico.
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Like New Orleans in DC”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We were just looking for lunch when we happened on this great jazz brunch, mimosas and all. I started Weight Watchers again and threw it out the window with shrimp and grits, beignets, banana foster french toast (we tasted each others plates), incredible. We want to go to their Mardi Gras celebration. This could be a very exciting find.

• Visited February 2014

• Greek first
Annapolis, Maryland
“Awesome Valentines Day dinner”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We drove in from Baltimore at the last minute on Valentines Day and stayed at the Henley Park Hotel around the corner. We've been to both several times, but did not have a reservation for dinner. So we thought we'd take our chances, and just walked in around 6 p.m. and there was a high-top table in the bar - first come first serve! We grabbed it and had another fabulous meal. Had fried oysters and green tomatoes for appetizers - both devine. My husband had the blackened redfish and I had the veal with risotto; both were outstanding. My husband is a bourbon drinker and likes the high-end stuff. He was pleasantly surprised that a Blanton's on the rocks was priced at only $11! We have paid MUCH more -- in Baltimore! I had the house Sauvignon Blanc which was excellent. The waiters and bartenders were top-notch, professional, friendly and knowledgeable. Warning: The place will become much busier in the near future when the huge new Marriott opens a block away. Make reservations!

• Visited February 2014
Stamford, Connecticut
“Worst Service Ever”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Went here with a colleague while staying across the street. The hostesses were awful and rude. Sat us at a table next to the kitchen pickup window even though the restaurant was half full. Complained to manager who had no idea how to properly handle the situation.

“Order a Manhattan!”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

My wife and I went during restaurant week. The restaurant was busy and lively, but not loud. I had one of Acadiana's custom Manhattans - bourbon never tasted so good. The food and service were excellent - this restaurant has aged well and shows no signs of slowing down.

Visited January 2014
Bowie, Maryland
“Acadianlicious”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

This place is absolutely fabulous. The atomsphere is peaceful and the employees are pleasant and welcoming.
We were promptly seated and our server appeared quickly. We enjoyed the food and cocktails. You're given these tasty biscuits with cream cheese and jam to snack on while your food is prepared. I had the sausage gumbo for my appetitzer, yummy and a little spicy, I ordered the catfish with greens.... to die for.... I had mojitos for my cocktails, delicious... all in all the meal was wonderful.
The only thing we didn't like was that we felt like our server was "rushing" us. She would remove plates and utensils before we were finished with them and we had to ask for refills of the biscuits and cocktails. That's not the kind of service we want when we're having dinner.
So despite that one server, I would say try them out, don't let one pushy server deter you from experiencing some delicious food.

Visited January 2014