“I'll Be Back!!”
Review of Acadiana

Acadiana
Reserve with OpenTable
Acadiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 3,228 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Transit: Closest Metro is Gallery Place Chinatown on the Yellow, Green and Red Lines. Washington Circulator bus stops directly in front of restaurant on the New York Avenue Side.
Description: Acadiana offers the flavors, culture and the warmth of the seductive southern region. They offer the perfect balance of the old and new...taking advantage of the rich bounty found in the Mississippi Delta, Bayous and the Gulf of Mexico.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“I'll Be Back!!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I really enjoy my meals at Acadiana (and the other restaurants in the group). I love the fact that the restaurant lets you choose any entree during restaurant week...A + for that! I went a different direction this visit and had the catch of the day with salad and the bread pudding for dessert. The fish was a blackened red snapper which was ok, but the accompanying salad/veggie side was very tasty. The bread pudding was a great treat!! My girlfriend had the talapia with collard greens and the creme bruele for dessert she didn't have good marks for her meal that is the reason for just very good scores. The server was good and well I'll be back as Acadiana is one of my favorite lunch time restaurants!!

• Visited August 2012

• Greek first
NC
“big fan”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I'm a big fan of this place. Always liked it since the day it opened and sold PoBoys at like 20$ each and sent the $$ to New Orleans for Katrina relief. Sat at the bar on the last visit and had a good glass of wine and the duck (recommended by the bar back). Roasted very well.

I've also had fish here and enjoyed. Good atmosphere and service. Bar is perfect for solo-business traveler if in the area and excellent for business meetings.

Bristol
“Great party for 14 having dinner”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We took our research group out and I booked 12 for dinner. We had our own large bay slightly separated from the rest of the restaurant so we it was comfortable to talk and listen. In the event, 14 turned up and the staff were worried that it would be crowded and difficult to serve. We told them we were all good friends, liked to be close and could pass plates around ourselves. The table was perfect because it was rectangular rather than long and thin. Thus everyone could see and talk to everyone else. We had a taster of oysters, shrimps etc to start. Very good, light and fresh. Then we had different main dishes. Everything was very good. Grouper, crabcakes, veal, various Louisiana seafood dishes. There was not a single vegetarian main dish on the menu but, when asked, they produced an excellent veg dish. The waitress was very helpful and also hilarious, very entertaining. The food was served without any significant delays. All the deserts were very good. I had key lime pie. Nearly everyone had wine. We had a great evening which cost just under 1000 USD for 14.

Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Authentic Louisiana Cuisine in Our Nation's Capitol”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This restaurant was a pleasant, civilized surprise in the middle of a high foot traffic area near the Convention Center. It offered a pleasant reprieve from the hectic afternoon. The wait staff was completely poised, cheerful, and knowledgable. They were able to recommend great gluten free options. The shrimp, barbecued, were perfect, and the homemade ice cream was wonderful. I will definitely return here.

Springfield, Virginia, USA
“Amazing!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is one of the best places in DC to eat. The food and service really is THAT good! We just ate there with a large group of friends less than a week ago before writing this review. Every single dish looked amazing and the menu is quite extensive with plenty of options to please even the most discriminating tastes. You must do yourself a favor and eat here. It truly is a wonderful experience.

Visited April 2013