“Delightful Pork Chop Moment” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Acadiana

Acadiana
Reserve with OpenTable
Acadiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 3,189 Restaurants in Washington DC
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Transit: Closest Metro is Gallery Place Chinatown on the Yellow, Green and Red Lines. Washington Circulator bus stops directly in front of restaurant on the New York Avenue Side.
Description: Acadiana offers the flavors, culture and the warmth of the seductive southern region. They offer the perfect balance of the old and new...taking advantage of the rich bounty found in the Mississippi Delta, Bayous and the Gulf of Mexico.
New York City, New York
“Delightful Pork Chop Moment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I rarely ever have pork unless it is prepared by family or a restaurant that I know very well. I took a chance at Acadiana and I had a delightful pork chop moment. Surpassed my expectations.

Visited April 2013

• Greek first
Seattle, Washington
“Cajuns Invading DC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Washington DC is one of the most diverse cities in the world, and its dining options are no different. Who would have thought that the city could boast about a Cajun restaurant? Well, if you are in the mood for upscale Cajun then this is your spot. It was outstanding. I had the blackened tilapia with sweet corn pudding, collard greens and crawfish lemon tobacco butter. I also had some blue cheese cole slaw and of course some red beans and rice. It was all spiced perfectly without burning your tongue. The fish was done perfectly and the sides were the perfect accompaniment. Bravo.

Piercy, California
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I just have to say... Your staff is wonderful. Bravo for treating me so well during my recent visit. My gluten allergy is often hard to accommodate but you handled it without fail. Thank you again

Fredericton, Canada
“Too much for what you get”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Well,
We were at another restaurant and a customer sitting beside us mentioned Acadiana. We went there last week, later than we wanted to but still within acceptable time for customers to come and dine.
Service was fine, but not cheering. The portions were scary small and the prices quite high. Taste wise I could not distinguish the specialties of this restaurant from some average spot somewhere else in the city.
We left spending a blast because of a bottle of wine. If I did not have food during the previous happy hour, I would have left with a screaming voice in my stomach, 170 dollars poorer after two soups, three appetizers, a side order of rice, and two dessers-and of course the 50$ bottle of wine.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Galena, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoyable meal and great service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Our server Yunia was very pleasant and very helpful as we finalized our meal selections! I thoroughly enjoyed my chicken & andouille gumbo, which was a great starter! The grillades and grits were a very unique and quite tasty combination. My wife enjoyed her seafood gumbo too! Would love to go back when in DC again!