“Lovely”
Review of Acadiana

Acadiana
Reserve with OpenTable
Acadiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 3,383 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Transit: Closest Metro is Gallery Place Chinatown on the Yellow, Green and Red Lines. Washington Circulator bus stops directly in front of restaurant on the New York Avenue Side.
Description: Acadiana offers the flavors, culture and the warmth of the seductive southern region. They offer the perfect balance of the old and new...taking advantage of the rich bounty found in the Mississippi Delta, Bayous and the Gulf of Mexico.
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I just have to say... Your staff is wonderful. Bravo for treating me so well during my recent visit. My gluten allergy is often hard to accommodate but you handled it without fail. Thank you again

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Well,
We were at another restaurant and a customer sitting beside us mentioned Acadiana. We went there last week, later than we wanted to but still within acceptable time for customers to come and dine.
Service was fine, but not cheering. The portions were scary small and the prices quite high. Taste wise I could not distinguish the specialties of this restaurant from some average spot somewhere else in the city.
We left spending a blast because of a bottle of wine. If I did not have food during the previous happy hour, I would have left with a screaming voice in my stomach, 170 dollars poorer after two soups, three appetizers, a side order of rice, and two dessers-and of course the 50$ bottle of wine.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Our server Yunia was very pleasant and very helpful as we finalized our meal selections! I thoroughly enjoyed my chicken & andouille gumbo, which was a great starter! The grillades and grits were a very unique and quite tasty combination. My wife enjoyed her seafood gumbo too! Would love to go back when in DC again!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I had the $29.00 brunch one Sunday. It got off to a strange start. The hostess wanted to make sure I knew the price before she seated me. I was coming from church so it's not as though I looked like I couldn't afford it. Since I was a single diner, I got the usual bad seat near the wait staff station but I didn't make a big deal of it. There were only three stalls in the ladies room, so there was a long line. I guess it was the $2.00 blood orange mimosas and bloody marys.

I had the smoked chicken and andouille sausage gumbo for my first course. Something was oddly crunchy. I had the Eggs Acadiana for my second course: two crawfish crabcakes topped with two poached eggs and tasso ham hollandaise, three spears of asparagus and hash browns. One egg was perfectly poached; the other was basically hard cooked. The crabcakes were pretty tasty, though. The key lime pie for dessert was beautifully plated but lacked any real lime flavor

I enjoyed the live jazz. I've been looking at reviews of this restaurant for awhile. I'm glad I tried it but I probably won't return.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The snapper is really very good and I crave their turtle soup sometimes. Add a those biscuits and a hurricane to wash it all down, and it's a hard place to turn down. They also do fairly priced bourbon flights. My one complaint is occasionally spotty service- nothing bad enough to scare me off but on one or two trips we've had waiters who seemed pretty disinterested.