“Excellent bet”

Ranked #428 of 3,341 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Adams Morgan
Reviewed October 20, 2013

What a lovely idea my brother-in-law gave us when he recommended a Peruvian restaurant for our Sunday lunch (my first time in a Peruvian). The neighbourhood is cool, and the staff is lovely, very friendly. By far, the best ceviche I've had in my life as a starter, and I have tried ceviche quite a few times, in various places around the world...I happily paid US$101.32 for the three of us (£63.08), as a final bill, which I found extremely reasonable for the quality of food, service and overall experience!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We just happened across this restaurant while walking down the street and have never had Peruvian food. The atmosphere was intimate and we loved the décor. And while I can't compare it to authentic Peruvian cuisine, the food was wonderful. Something new, very flavorful and we didn't have any difficulty communicating with the waitstaff which was a relief. I have to say that I can't now tell you the names of the dishes we ate but I remember the stuffed pepper and the bread and the banana leaf stuffed with some sweet corn concoction that I could have eaten a platter of. And so reasonably priced! Probably the most enjoyable meal we had in D.C. and nothing bad to say at all. Now I'm looking for a Peruvian restaurant on our next trip!

Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

There is a reason the paper has given accolades to this small establishment sitting in an old DC rowhome. The food was great. We had the Yucca appetizer.FANTASTIC. We ordered the pulled chicken in yellow sauce and the beer cooked chicken. Just wonderful... We ended with the rice pudding and guava pudding. A great way to end the meal. The service was impeccable. A must stop.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

After having walked by the place many times and with good yelp reviews, it was my turn to give it a try.

I walked-in to the upstairs dining area and was greeted immediately. The decor was nice. I decided to eat downstairs in the bar area. It had a neat decor but was somewhat dimly lit.

I tried the cheesy quinoa vegetable dish with side potato - both were very good. I'll have to go back to try more items on the menu.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

If you like, or want to try Peruvian food, this seems an authentic choice. Some of the favors are new, but our party of 6 all enjoyed their choice, and most rated as very good to excellent. Service was prompt and friendly.