“Fresh, fresh - really fresh fish”

BlackSalt Fish Market & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
BlackSalt Fish Market & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 3,196 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Upper Northwest
Cross street: V Street NW
Description: BlackSalt is the much anticipated concept restaurant from Chef Jeff Black, featuring an upscale fish market fronting a vibrant bar and elegant restaurant.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fresh, fresh - really fresh fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

My wife and I love this place. The fish is incredibly fresh. It's like they fly the stuff in on an SR-71 Blackbird plane, it's so darned fresh. Menu is, however, very limited in that it's almost all fish and oysters. A couple of non-fish entrees is the only other option. The place is cozy, and a bit pricey too, but we really enjoy the place. Good for couples celebrating an anniversary, etc. The bar scene is small and intimate, and it's all locals from the neighborhood - this is not a pick up joint by any stretch of the imagination.

Visited June 2012

“Fresh seafood, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

I returned three years from my last visit. The place is always crowded, reservations are a must. Is a very warm and nice place. Not a luxurious one. It has a full bar, oysters are a good starter at the bar. I tried the scallops, very good. The service is very gentle, worth the wait for the table. If you like seafood, is alace where satisfaction is guaranteed. I will return with no doubt.

1 Thank EcuadorJose
bethesda
“can't go wrong”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Black Salt has the highest quality seafood in great variety and wonderfully prepared. Reliably and consistently. The happy hour at the bar is really a bargain. The restaurant is not but it is top quality and won't disappoint. Here you will get great reliable seafood. I love seafood and I am very particular!
There is a great brunch but I haven't tried it yet.

• Visited September 2012
Arlington, Virginia
“Satisfaction Guaranteed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We've been eating at Black Salt for the past 7-8 years, and it's always lived up to our high expectations. We go there for the seafood, but the menu is diverse enough that the red meat crowd can be well-taken care of. My favorite is the soft shell crab, and I'm always happy to let the chef conjure up some special concoction with it that's off the menu. Our favorite waiter (Ahmed) suggested that a few years back and it's become a mainstay for our visits. I'm picky, too, so for me to trust someone else's taste takes a big leap of faith! It's a little off the beaten path and out of the DC mainstream, but that's part of what we like about it, too. It's just a few minutes from M Street, and if you're going over from VA or coming in from MD it's an easy in and out.

• Visited October 2012
Bermuda
“Family Sunday Brunch was fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

It is worth the drive to this cute hideaway!
We went for brunch but will be back for dinner on our next visit.

• Visited September 2012