“Heartland Girls try Ethiopian” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #954 of 3,189 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: African, Ethiopian
Neighborhood: U Street Corridor
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Heartland Girls try Ethiopian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

We enjoyed the new flavors of Ethiopian cuisine. Liked eating with our fingers and the lamb was excellent.

Visited April 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Go-to Ethiopian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is one of my favorite Ethiopian places in DC (the favorite until Ethiopic opened). I always get a combo platter - meat or veg, w or w/o fish - and it never disappoints. They had a special fasting menu there on Thursday (not sure if this is a regular thing or not) -- basically more and more different vegan food. It was spectacular -- 2 orders for 3 people was more than enough. Throw in a St George or Harrar and you've got a great night. If you have never had Ethiopian before, it can be intimidating but this is a great first experience to have.

Visited March 2013
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
“Nice experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

To have a dinner in an ethiopian restaurant is an amazing experience! If you have the chance, you should try Etete.
It's a simple but fiendly place with an delicious food in good DC location.

Visited February 2013
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Great Food - Ok Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Four of us ate here in early March. I agree with other reviews: the tables are close, the setting is loud, the service is mediocre....that said....the food was great and it's worth a trip. We ordered the special kitfo (medium) and one of the vegetarian platters. That was a great combo, as the kitfo was delicious but lacked enough variety on its own.

Yes the waitstaff will politely push an appetizer on you, but it was really good, so I'm happy about that. (And you can say "no" if you don't want it.)

Overall, I'm very happy with the flavors, quality, price, and experience.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Madison, Virginia
“Great food, super service. A great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband abs I were celebrating our 25 anniversary and he wanted to have Ethiopian food. We hadn't been to DC in a while, and the Red Sea, which we had gone to years ago, is no more. After reading various reviews, I opted for Etete, and I was glad that we did.

Food was superb! Flavorful. The injera was tasty. My chicken dish (chicken wat) was moist, wall seasoned. My husband's lamb dish was outstanding! The sides were good...an snatch veg melange and a chick peas dish. We also ordered pakora appetizers, crisp and nicely seasoned.

The decor is very nice...artwork on the walls. I'd go back. It's a real winner!