“Wonderful Experience”
Review of Proof

Proof
Reserve with OpenTable
Proof is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #160 of 3,298 Restaurants in Washington DC
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 8th and G
Transit: Gallery Place/Chinatown Metro
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went to Proof last Friday night. The menu was excellent, the wine selection was fantastic, and the service with knowledgeable, attentive and really pleasant. The atmosphere is pretty cool and nice/casual. Loved this place - and will come back when I return to DC!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We went for a birthday dinner and the food, the service and the whole experience was outstanding. Let them pick the cheeses for you - we tried some new things we probably never would have picked on our own. And the honey that went with the cheese platter was incredible. The appetizers were large and we probably could have shared so we wouldn't have been so stuffed. For the main course, the duck and the lamb were both unbelievably delicious. The sticky toffee pudding was good but way more dense and rich than what I've had elsewhere. It was too much for one person but saved pretty well for the next day. They get pretty packed, so we went on the early end to avoid being overwhelmed.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I can't remember how I came across this restaurant, but my husband and I had dinner here the other night and it was excellent. We shared the charcuterie platter, which had a great variety of flavors. We each tried something off the first and seconds list on the menu, and I wished I could have tried more as there were so many amazing choices. The cocktail list was also excellent. I would definitely come back to this restaurant on another trip to DC.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

I suppose the one negative is the giant wine list, which is somewhat overwhelming and challenging to maneuver. Otherwise, this is a great place. It is very expensive, so be prepared for spending a good amount.
It was two of us. We shared the Boston bib lettuce salad. It was large enough for two and delicious. I had the duck breast on risotto. Exceptional. I asked for the duck to be cooked medium rare and it was down exactly as I requested. The risotto was possibly the best or one of the best risotto I have had. My companion had the grilled tofu. Who would have thought of having tofu for a main meal? It came with grilled vegetables. I got to taste it and it was delicious!

I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Proof is a cool spot that hits the sweet spot between fabulous food and warm service. The quinoa salad is the best i ever had. But all in our party liked each different salad. Halibut a great choice in the fish line. My husband liked the hangar steak- actually truly properly med rare. Joseph, the sommelier, is fun and knowledgable about small, fresh wine selections. Made the evening fun. Don't forget to try the warm sticky toffee pudding. excellent. Even the manager stopped by to say hello. And I've now experienced 3 waiters- all of whom hustled, yet were remarkable attentive. Our new favorite before theater, although it's a shame to cut the night short- make the restaurant your entertainment. Fun crowd. Plus- they take reservations, and check ahead. That's important to us.