“All of the presidents and stars too!”
Review of Madame Tussauds DC

and up
Madame Tussauds Washington DC
Ranked #60 of 443 things to do in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: More than just a wax museum! Madame Tussauds Washington D.C. is a fully interactive experience, where visitors are able to touch, see and hear historical icons and celebrities in a way unlike any other Washington D.C. attraction.
Michigan
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“All of the presidents and stars too!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I came to this attraction with my cousin from NY who said it was on her bucket list. I came a sceptic that this would be any different than the other locations and I came away a believer. All of the presidents are here and so realistic that it is a bit creepy, but in a good way. Always wanted your picture with a celebrity? Take your choice - Denzel , Brad, Michael Jackson, George Clooney, Rosa Parks? You name it. Well worth the trip

Visited October 2013
Madame T, Guest Relations Manager at Madame Tussauds DC, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
We are very pleased to here that you had such a wonderful visit and thank you for the feedback.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Expensive and not that big.”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

This is a decent wax museum. It has all the presidents which is neat, but not many celebrities. It was kind of expensive for what it is.

Visited November 2013
Madame T, Marketing, Promtions, & Social Media Specialist at Madame Tussauds DC, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
First, we would like to thank you for your feedback and for visiting Madame Tussauds Washington, D.C. Regarding price, we do try to keep it in line with that of other paid attractions in the area, however, your feedback has been noted.
Pauline, SC
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Surprise!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

We are not a touristy family. We avoid the usual touristy attractions like the plague, however, after a long week of my planned agenda our teenage daughters chose this as one last DC attraction. SO GLAD! Wow! I was really impressed, not just at the recreation of these historical figures in wax, but this place can really bring history to life. It is so much more than just wax figures.... ALL former US Presidents are on display, lots of information about each person and about the era of each figure plus it is very interesting to see the different sizes and heights of these historical figures. With a little fore-planning, this makes an excellent addition to any field trip or family trip to DC.

Visited April 2013
Madame T, Marketing, Promotions, & Social Media Specialist at Madame Tussauds DC, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
This is wonderful to hear! We're so glad that you all gave it a try and had such an enjoyable time. We really do try to bring history to life in a unique and entertaining way, so we are thrilled to hear that you felt this was done. Thank you for your feedback and for visiting Madame Tussauds Washington, D.C.
Manns Choice, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unique”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Never visited a wax museum before. Since the monuments were closed on our mini vacation to DC for our anniversary, we walked around town and came across this little gem. Little expensive to get it, but very unique experience.

Visited October 2013
Madame T, Marketing, Promotions, & Social Media Specialist at Madame Tussauds DC, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful feedback! Madame Tussauds prides itself on being a unique option for visitors, so we are very pleased to know that you felt this was the case. Thank you for visiting Madame Tussauds Washington, D.C.
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Really enjoyed myself!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I was skeptical of this as were the other guest I brought with me. I was visiting my brother from Kentucky and him, being a DC resident wasn't crazy about the idea of going. We bought the after 4 pm tickets on line. They are a much cheaper price! Even my brother enjoyed hisself. The detail is amazing on these. Some look so life like. It really was a fun time for our first day in a new city. I wish there were more celebrities. I wanted to see Lady Gaga!!!

Visited May 2013
We're so glad that you decided to visit and had such a fun time with your brother! Thank you for visiting and for your feedback! It's very appreaciated.