“Glad I had free admission tickets...”
Review of Madame Tussauds DC

and up
Madame Tussauds Washington DC
Ranked #60 of 443 things to do in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: More than just a wax museum! Madame Tussauds Washington D.C. is a fully interactive experience, where visitors are able to touch, see and hear historical icons and celebrities in a way unlike any other Washington D.C. attraction.
Charleston, South Carolina
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Glad I had free admission tickets...”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Liked :
- allowed to take pictures with wax figures

Disliked:
-overpriced admission for time spent in museum
- They only allowed pictures with current president by their own photographer which you could buy at the end of the tour.

Recommendations:
- go early to avoid bus tour crowds.
- budget about two hours to go through the museum.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Pennsylvania
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Such a cool experience!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I am from the DC area and now live in PA. I try to take my teens to a DC sight each time we go visiting. This time I chose the wax museum. First of all when I told them where we were going they all squealed with excitement. The museum was well maintained. The staff, friendly and helpful. The wax figures were both cool and weird. You can interact with them, shake their hands, put your arm around them. Take photos with them. When you are in a room, it feels like the room is full of people but it is just you and these "people". You can put your face right up to theirs and stare them in the eyes. I kept thinking one of them was going to say something. There were just a couple of these wax people that I didn't think looked like who they were supposed to be, but for the most part, they all looked so great and like the real person. My teens just loved it too. I recommend this museum for older kids 10 and up. I did not go with little ones and not sure how they would like it since they may not recognize most of the wax people.

Nottingham, Maryland
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Interesting but overpriced”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Yes, you see fantastic wax figures of historical, entertainment, and sporting legends. The details on the wax figures are amazing. But, I think the overall displays were on the shoddy side. I thought it was great the museum included props so that children could dress like some of the legends and get pictures, but I wondered how clean the outfits were. We were in and out in less than an hour. If you go, make sure you have a coupon to help reduce the price. I would not go again.

KIN
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A Must-See in DC! Don't forget your Camera :)”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Masame Tussauds Presidents' Gallery is a must see if you're visiting DC! Very realistic: lifelike wax figures of all the US presidents, many significant figures in history, many current actresses and actors as well as Colbert! Of course you may take pictures with all of these figures. Madame Tussauds also sports many informative plaques, posters and displays showing information regarding the past presidents, DC and American history. You will want to see this this attraction when visiting DC and a ticket for admission was an included part of four of the DC "Big Bus" tour options.

Visited November 2012
Marlborough, Massachusetts
142 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 148 helpful votes
“Nice diversion but a little pricy”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

It was cold and rainy and we had had enough history so we spent a couple of hours wandering through Madam Tussauds. The history of wax creations was interesting. The figures were amazing - look closely and you can see the pores on their skin. They do "encourage" you to get your picture taken in the oval office or with the current president and his wife but you are not obligated to purchase the photos. I found the price somewhat high for the amount of time spent - try to find a discount coupon if you want to visit.