“Good Brunch in DC”
Review of Brasserie Beck

Brasserie Beck
Reserve with OpenTable
Brasserie Beck is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #121 of 3,216 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Belgian, European
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Transit: McPherson Square or Metro Center
Hartland
“Good Brunch in DC”
Reviewed December 4, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Brasserie Beck is an attractive eatery with a French feel. The staff were attentive and helpful and food well prepared and tasty. Definitely worth a visit.

Visited November 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not to be Missed--These People have it Together!!”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We went to this restaurant on Thanksgiving for the evening meal, hoping for a break from the traditional Thanksgiving fare. We were not disappointed. My daughter and I split 12 deliciously tender and salty oysters on the half shell to start. She moved on to the lobster bisque. It was almost as good as the same bisque we have had numerous times in France. Meanwhile my wife was thoroughly enjoying a wonderful salad. Then she and my daughter split a large entree of mussels prepared in the traditional manner...white wine and herbs. Tender fresh and perfectly prepared. My main course was surf and turf [braised lamb, scallops on a bed of puree and brussel sprouts prepared in a way I cannot describe. We also had sides of brussel sprouts and greens. The chef clearly prepares dishes with great care to get it right. Service was friendly and efficient; the DR staff works as a team so the food is not delivered cold and plates are removed efficiently but you are not rushed to go to the next course. The decor is outstanding; its big but feels intimate because there are several distinct areas for dining tables.

• Visited November 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Brasserie Beck may be best on the block.”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

After finding Brasserie Beck on Trip Advisor I asked our hotel concierge to make a reservation for us. Since it was about a 10 block walk down K street from our hotel we worked up quite an appetite. I'm happy to say we had a great meal (loved the fish choices) with terrific service and this was our # 1 choice of all the crab cakes we tasted (6 different places) in DC and Baltimore. The only shortcoming was our table for 2 next to a 3/4 wall separating us from the bar with only about 8 inches between us and a table for 6 on the other side of us. The restaurant is quite lively, almost loud, but that was okay. We just would have like a few more inches of elbow room.

• Visited November 2013
Florida
“Shared dinner with good friends”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I had the pleasure of dining here twice in one day by coincidence. The first experience was for brunch this past Sunday with an associate. I ordered the "Leo" which is scrambled eggs, salmon, onions, the most delicious bialy and a boursin smear. My associate was going to order mussels as they have a variety of them on the menu but ended up with "Short Rib Hash" which included poached eggs, hash, fingerling potatoes, peppers, onions and hollandaise diablo. Delicious and well presented. The room we ate in had the wine room in the back - large inventory of wine to choose from and there is a bar when you first walk in and an outdoor patio. A lovely place; attentive servers and friendly staff who were prompt. The food is delicious.

In the evening, I was with a group of different people who had reservations here. We ate in a smaller, quiet dining room and again a wonderful experience of great red wine and really good food. One party started the evening out with a good spinach salad. The bread was served warm with a small pot of butter. Main courses at our table were the steak and frites, beef carbonade, grilled salmon and I ordered a pork chop served with pureed parsnips and sweet potato bites. All presented well and delicious. We shared the belgian waffle desert. A delightul meal.

• Visited October 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Customer Service!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

New to DC, love this place! Come here anytime we have something to celebrate, which is often. The kitchen staff was amazing at our last gathering. I requested a special dish that was not on the menu and they made it perfectly. What more could you ask for! This place goes above and beyond any other restaurant I've tried in DC. Highly recommend for a date night!

• Visited September 2013