“A rainy Saturday”
Review of Brasserie Beck

Brasserie Beck
Reserve with OpenTable
Brasserie Beck is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #119 of 3,298 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Transit: McPherson Square or Metro Center
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was looking for a place close to my hotel during a chilling rain. I thought that a brasserie would be a perfect place to get some comfort food. What and how I was served was the most perfect dining experiences that will stay dear to my heart for a long time. The shallot gratinee soup melted away the chill in my heart and the lamb was succulent. The service completed the experience. Being a solo traveler, I have had my share of getting short shrift in busy restaurants. The service was genteel and attentive, a real joy. As I ventured out into the rain again, I was warm satiated and wanting to return.

1  Thank Grace R

Reviewed October 12, 2013

In town for recent conference dined here with friends outdoor patio. Great ambience and food. Walking distance from DCs conference center. Service somewhat lacking. Cheese plate a must! Tried steak au poivre and scallop /lamb combo which were ok but the mussels stole the show. Recommend stick with the mussels when ordering - our favorite was with champignons .

1  Thank DMWorld2See
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Brasserie Beck is a Belgian style restaurant within walking distance from the Convention Center. Their beer menu is quite large and entertaining. By far my favorite tap was "westmalle trappist" a beer brewed by Belgian monks... what can I say except for Amen!

In the other hand, their mussels are really to die for. Can't make up my mind between the "classic white wine" vs. the "Mediterranean" version. I guess you should try both of them!

In brief, great place to dine in D.C. Would stop by any other day!

1  Thank PPG_MD
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Walked past this reastaurant numerous times as it was near our hotel. Last night in D.C. we had dinner here. Rather pricey but worth it. Wonderful bottle of wine, good service and friendly matre'd. The food was exceptional; steak tartar,onion soup, seabass and I do not remember what my wife's entree was but she loved it. Comment to mgmt.: adjust the seating. the small alcove we wee in had dueces so close to the next that it was uncomfortable. During our stay, three times seatings requested to be moved. There was one seated next to us but fortunately it was at the end of our meal. Brasserie Beck is not an avg. $35.00 per. Proper seating is expected. all in all great evening.

1  Thank Salvatore2412
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I went to this place because a friend recommended, I wasn't expecting anything special she just talked about the mussels, so I had to try them... Oh boy I was surprised! They were really good and they have different versions...

I'll definitely coming back to try some more :D

1  Thank Aixbel