“Private dining room- work event”

The Source by Wolfgang Puck
Reserve with OpenTable
The Source by Wolfgang Puck is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #152 of 3,283 Restaurants in Washington DC
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 6th Street
Transit: Metro to Archives/ Navy Memorial
Description: Located in Washington D.C., The Source by Wolfgang Puck is the museum’s signature dining experience and features innovative Asian cuisine, paired with unmatched hospitality and service. The sleek and contemporary restaurant is spread out over three distinct levels. Dining experiences include a casual and convivial bar & lounge area, an elegant main dining room and a subterranean private dining room. The modern design boasts floor-to-ceiling windows that line the restaurant and a two-story glass wine wall that holds more than 2,000 bottles of the restaurant’s impressive collection. The bar and lounge area offers approachable dining in a casual setting with an array of small plates and Happy Hour Specials. The second-floor dining room is a fine-dining experience where servers will guide you through a menu with contemporary interpretations of Asian dishes and create a culinary experience just for you.
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

We had a set menu including the parsnip soup, choice of salmon salad or Kobe burger and 2 fantastic desserts. The salad was awesome- not a major fan that it came deconstructed but the flavors were spot on. The soup very good and the service top notch!! Will do again!!

There are newer reviews for The Source by Wolfgang Puck

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Our lunch started with parsnip soup with a braised short rib that was fantastic. I had a wagyu beef burger cooked perfectly to temperature. I ended with a turtle cheesecake with a cannelle of nougat ice cream. That was the perfect finish!

Because our lunch was in a private meeting room downstairs, we did not have the "normal" dining experience. However, the event was well-staffed and organized. Our food was brought without delays, our staff was extremely helpful, and the experience one that I would go back for immediately!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I'm rating this restaurant on the food factor only. It is very creative to say the least. However, be prepared for the service, timing, and ambience to to not be up to par. It is also so loud you can't hear the people at your table. So I say get the food... but maybe do takeout or eat at the bar downstairs.

1  Thank 18rusty
Reviewed February 17, 2013

These comments are based primarily on a special Saturday brunch-time event. If you can arrange--through the restaurant or a foodie group--to attend one, do!
Executive Chef Scott, assisted by chefs at two other demo stands, described and explained the recipes and preparation of pork-based stuffing and its assembly into dumplings by folding over and pinching wonton wrappers. Ditto for lobster-based spring rolls. He recommended sources and fielded questions with wit and expertise.
After an hour or so of hands-on fun, our efforts were taken away and we were served a nine course brunch, featuring mostly dumplings. All were perfectly prepared and quite delicious.
On an earlier visit, we had had a weekend dumpling lunch which was also very good, but this experience was outstanding. If what's served at regular meals is as good as what we had, this is a must-do visit for dim sum fans.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

This Wolfgang Puck DC outpost on Pennsylvania Avenue near Capitol Hill provides outstanding food combined with very professional service. Originally I had made a reservation for two, but my dinning companion had to cancel and so I called the restaurant shortly before the appointed time to reduce my reservation to one. The were very gracious about it and when I arrived located my in the lounge for dinner. At first I was somewhat concerned about the location and possible service, but there was no problem on that score; indeed the bar scene is quite a show in itself. Despite really filthy weather outside, the place buzzed with activity. I ordered the Chef's tasting menue with the wine paring option and had an outstanding dining experience. Executive Chief Scott Drewno really knows what he is doing and the wine parings were quite interesting.