“Perfect restaurant! If you like good quality food just go to this restaurant! Fantastic!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Source by Wolfgang Puck

The Source by Wolfgang Puck
Reserve with OpenTable
The Source by Wolfgang Puck is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #170 of 3,189 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 6th Street
Transit: Metro to Archives/ Navy Memorial
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I went to the source on a Saturday evening and I have to say there was a lot of activity which created a very energetic atmosphere.
I didn't have high expectations about this restaurant but I was wrong.
We had a terrific waiter. I wanted to order the lobster but he recommended me something cheaper and said it was their speciality, it was gorgeous!
As appetizer I had a tuna tartar. Absolutely f.a.n.t.a.s.t.i.c. the tuna tartar was rolled in a crunchy kind if cookie and I can honestly say it was the best tuna tartar I've ever had!
My main course was a whole sea bass and it was cooked perfectly!
Overall I was very very happy and I would rate this restaurant an 8.5/10.
Highly recommendable!!

Manassas, Virginia
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

We arrived with 2 other couples for our reservation at 5:30 prior to our show. The parking attendants were slow to greet us. The door into the restaurant was heavy to open but those were the worst things of the evening. We were taken to our table and the service was wonderful. Very attentive and non obtrustive. Our cocktails were spot on. The menu had inspiring and unconventional fare. The wine list was ecclectic. Would have liked to see more Shiraz and Petite Shirahs available. We had 3 vegetarians and 3 carnivores in the group. We were hoping to get the 2 fixed priced meals (one veggie and one meat) but the chef would not allow 3 of us to do that at the table. Despite this, we had wonderful choices that we shared and delighted in. The ingrediants were fresh and wonderfully prepared. The mixture of tastes and textures was fantastic. I thoroughly enjoyed our meal. I anticipate a return in the near future.

• Visited February 2013
Allen, Texas
“Martinis and snacks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

While looking for some new spots to try in DC, I found The Source online via my normal websites. We were only looking for a couple of nicer places to have a drink and a bite to eat...sort of a high-falutin' pub crawl.

I like the installation of The Source at the Newseum. It's fitting in name, for sure, but otherwise doesn't really tie into the news theme. No worries, because it was nice to be able to find a spot in that area where we could drop in wearing jeans and a polo after touring some of the museums.

Martinis; they carry Chopin vodka (the best there is IMHO) and my dirty martini with onions was great. We ordered two snacks, and the waiter informed us of a special where we could pick 3 for $22...a nice deal we otherwise would not have known about. We chose the Tempura Green Beans (EXCELLENT!) the sliders (very good, TINY, cute almost, only 2), and he recommended the Shrimp and Lobster Spring Rolls (very good, sauce could be better, would try something different next time).

Overall, very nice, approachable even in jeans, pricey drink ($16 martini) but good food value with 3 for $22 at a Wolfgang Puck joint. I would stop in here again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“One of DC's Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

The Source is always a reliable choice for well-executed Asian-inspired food in a cool setting. It is adjacent to The Newseum, across Pennsylvania Ave. from the National Gallery of Art, and one of the few restaurants super-close to the National Mall. The atmosphere is upscale but not stuffy (it's casual, sort of, but is not a sweats-and-sneakers type of place). There is a downstairs lounge and bar and a more formal upstairs dining room. The decor philosophy seems to be an attempt to make you feel like you're in a glass box - I like the look of it, but it can get a little noisy with all those glass surfaces, especially at dinner. Also, service is typically attentive, friendly and efficient, but every once in a while it can be absurdly slow (like on Inauguration Day, when our drink orders had to be placed and replaced multiple times, and our meal took nearly 3 hours).

The fish dishes are my favorite, especially the "Hong Kong style" steamed salmon (I have them hold the broth, which is too salty for me) and the whole fish boned tableside.

Note that for Saturday lunch, they have started doing a "dim sum" menu where you choose several small plates. At first I didn't care for this as I love the regular menu so much - ONLY the dim sum menu is now available for Saturday during the day - but over time the dim sum menu has grown on me. It's Chinese-ish, I would say - you may recognize a hint of traditional Chinese dim sum items, but with a twist. The spicy broccolini and vegetable dumplings are two of my favorite items on that menu. Be aware that some of the items are rather small and more like little bites (like the dumplings), while others (like the noodles) are larger and filling enough to be an entree on their own. Some, like the broccolini, fall in the middle of that spectrum. Also, some items that sound like they should be vegetarian are actually not (because, e.g., they're cooked in pork fat), so I would recommend asking the server for guidance through the menu on that front as well.

Overall, this is one of my go-to places for a reliably excellent experience and where I often take out-of-town visitors to show them one of my favorite DC restaurants (I live nearby so I eat here frequently).

Nashville, Tennessee
“The Source - Steve”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Enjoy the Source and the Newseum together when in Washington D.C., both are wonderful.
The source is great for lunch, cocktails or dinner. Wow to the green beans. It is the perfect spot to enjoy great food after you visit one of the best mueuums ever. The Newseum is a national treasure. This was the perfect ending to an inauguration week-end.

• 3 of 5 bubbles