Reading the extremes in some of the reviews gave me second thoughts about staying here. The past 2 weeks I had been staying in a 3+ star hotel near Union Station. When rates doubled after Labor day I needed to find More reasonably priced lodging. Windsor hotel came up in bookng.com so i tried it. Yes the place is dated, musty and small in scale but well worth the price. My 3+ star hotel didn't provide a continental breakfast nor a refrigerator nor free wifi and only had a few tv channels. It did have gym which the Windsor doesn't. But then the 10 minute walk to the metro provides exercise. Nice neighborhood and plenty of restaurants to chose from. Since I will be staying in the dc area for a few months I would have liked a better long stay lodging rate. I address that next week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windsor Park Hotel offers 43 guestrooms in a variety of configurations. Built in 1926, this charming hotel has been restored and updated to provide everything expected by those traveling for business or pleasure. All bathrooms have been recently renovated (2009) and there is free wireless internet throughout the hotel. Two computer stations are also available for our guests use and our free Continental Breakfast saves the time and expense of finding a restaurant in the morning.Windsor Park Hotel is in a charming, quiet, safe neighborhood with over 100 establishments offering shopping, art, entertainment and cuisine from around the world. Embassies, majestic homes parks and tree-lined streets are a pleasure to see throughout the year. Guests can walk to Rock Creek Park, DuPont Circle, Adams Morgan, the National Zoo and many other points of interest. There are three major convention hotels within a short walk and two metro stations -Woodley Park-Zoo and DuPont Circle- are within a few short blocks enabling our guests to reach all the wonderful sites in our Nation’s Capital. The friendly personalized service of this small hotel makes all our guests feel right at home. This is where yesterdays charm is today’s treasure.Hotel and Room Amenities24-Hour Front Desk AC/HEAT w Individual Comfort Control ElevatorBusiness Services Free Local Calls Voice MailVending/Ice Machines Iron/Board RefrigeratorSafe Deposit at Front Hair Drier in bathrooms Map/Tour InfoRollaway/Cribs available Comcast Digital TV w over 100 Channels We have only street parking but there are two large garages within a few blocks.We are a “Smoke Free Property” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and TravelClick so you can book your Windsor Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windsor Park Washington Dc
- Hotel Windsor Park
- Windsor Park Hotel Washington Dc