“We love the Adam's Inn!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Adam's Inn

Adam's Inn
Ranked #8 of 36 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“We love the Adam's Inn!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I definitely recommend the Adam’s Inn to anyone looking for a place to stay in Northwest Washington, D.C.! I love the Inn so much that I actually had my wedding there last Columbus Day Weekend (October 12, 2013). It was the PERFECT location for our backyard, D.C. wedding and a great gathering spot for our family and friends.
After we got engaged, my fiancé and I set out to find a small venue to host our 60-70 person wedding. We live in the Adams Morgan neighborhood and had passed by the Inn frequently, so we decided to reach out to them about hosting our fall wedding. For us, it was a wonderful location with a great backyard and accommodations for our out of town family and friends.
The staff at the Inn were fantastic! We met with them throughout the year to plan our wedding details, and they communicated with our vendors to make sure everything was in place for our big day. Unfortunately, it rained like crazy the weekend of our wedding, and a lot of last minute changes needed to be made. The Inn was incredible flexible and accommodating! The owner, Adam, made sure that everything was in place for us and worked to make it as nice as possible despite the uncooperative weather. In the end, we had a beautiful wedding and an incredibly fun event for our family and friends.
In addition to hosting our wedding in the backyard, we also stayed at the Inn for the weekend. We rented out one of the houses as well at the carriage house and stayed with our family and friends. This was such a fun way to get to see all of our out of town guests! It was also nice to have everyone in one location. The Inn itself is adorable and so comfortable! It’s so clean and homey. As I said above, all of the staff are very friendly and helpful which took away some of our wedding weekend stress!
If you are coming to D.C., you should definitely check out the Adam’s Inn. It’s close to public transportation as well as a ton of fun restaurants and bars. It is located on Lanier Rd. which is a quiet neighborhood. I cannot say enough good things about this location!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Hebrew first
Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I just love this place. If you are looking for a quiet and beautiful inn, this is it. I have stayed here several times. It is a short walk from the Woodley Park Metro stop, and there are lots of really good places to eat nearby. The beds are comfortable, and the breakfasts are very good. The staff are friendly and helpful. I brought 15 exchange students with me on my last trip and they all loved it too. I will always stay here when I come to DC.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Great stay at Adams : very good location (animated area in the evening with many restaurants), excellent breakfast, clean and cosy rooms, family atmosphere and warm welcome, I warmly recommend this address if you stop in Washington DC,

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Laurence V
Villeneuve d'Ascq, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

nice house in a lovely neighborhood
we had a large room with 3 large beds
it was clean and beautiful
there were a lot of restaurants near from the hotel
I recommand this hotel for families
the breakfast was correct

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank halloojoye
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I had a lovely stay at the Adam's Inn the night before I interviewed for a residency position. The staff were friendly and helpful, it was always nice and quiet, and every room was pretty. The location was great, too - Not knowing DC at all, I walked right down the street and found a fun neighborhood with restaurants and stores. I didn't eat their breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We've stayed at the Adam's Inn twice in the past 2 months. Best location in DC. However, I've had better breakfasts at cheap motels. Really disappointing. The only protein option is peanut butter. Everything else is an unhealthy carb. Nothing hot unless you want to make toast. We expected more of a B&B style breakfast than a continental. No fruit either time we've stayed.

We will stay again because it is so convenient, but we'll plan on eating out.

Try the newly opened carriage house. Great privacy. Has a small kitchen but we never used it!

All in all I would recommend the Adam's but don't plan on a decent breakfast.

Room Tip: Walls are thin, so book the carriage house if you can, and by all means, buy a parking spot!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tangley1
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is my second visit to the Adam's Inn, and once again it proved a winner. Tucked into a shady residential neighborhood, this B&B is tough to beat in either price, ambiance and comfort. I shared a large room with a friend for two nights -- we were in the city for business -- and we had a shared bath. It was easy and convenient, clean and comfortable. Whether in Georgetown or the government district, we were within walking distance of our separate meetings. Parking was a little harder this time as the spots out back ($25/night) were unavailable due to alley repairs. But the parking deck on 18th was only a 10-minute walk and a little cheaper.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business