“Relaxing and comfortable”
Review of Adam's Inn

Adam's Inn
Ranked #8 of 36 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I had a lovely stay at the Adam's Inn the night before I interviewed for a residency position. The staff were friendly and helpful, it was always nice and quiet, and every room was pretty. The location was great, too - Not knowing DC at all, I walked right down the street and found a fun neighborhood with restaurants and stores. I didn't eat their breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We've stayed at the Adam's Inn twice in the past 2 months. Best location in DC. However, I've had better breakfasts at cheap motels. Really disappointing. The only protein option is peanut butter. Everything else is an unhealthy carb. Nothing hot unless you want to make toast. We expected more of a B&B style breakfast than a continental. No fruit either time we've stayed.

We will stay again because it is so convenient, but we'll plan on eating out.

Try the newly opened carriage house. Great privacy. Has a small kitchen but we never used it!

All in all I would recommend the Adam's but don't plan on a decent breakfast.

Room Tip: Walls are thin, so book the carriage house if you can, and by all means, buy a parking spot!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tangley1
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is my second visit to the Adam's Inn, and once again it proved a winner. Tucked into a shady residential neighborhood, this B&B is tough to beat in either price, ambiance and comfort. I shared a large room with a friend for two nights -- we were in the city for business -- and we had a shared bath. It was easy and convenient, clean and comfortable. Whether in Georgetown or the government district, we were within walking distance of our separate meetings. Parking was a little harder this time as the spots out back ($25/night) were unavailable due to alley repairs. But the parking deck on 18th was only a 10-minute walk and a little cheaper.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Adam's Inn for my birthday. We used a Living Social voucher I'd purchased in the spring. The location was nice, on a quiet one-way street. The first night we had a problem with the AC unit in our room. Spoke to the manager in the morning and he moved us to a new room. He could not have been nicer. Everything worked out great and we had a wonderful time!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is my 2nd stay at Adams Inn and it certainly won't be my last. The staff is incredibly friendly and accommodating, the rooms are simply decorated but extremely comfortable. We had great conversations with both staff and their international guests. It's a 10 minute walk to both the Metro and the National Zoo. There's nothing better than sitting either in their lovely garden or on their front porch on a late August evening, enjoying wine and people watching. You can't go wrong at the Adams Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The best about this is Inn is the location and an extremely helpful staff within easy walking distance of restaurants and the zoo! It is all in rehabbed row houses but is clean and peaceful.
If you want glitz look elsewhere but this place is safe and attractive in an eclectic area of the District. The rates are reasonable and I was even able to reserve a parking place - limited but safe. I attended a local wedding and the staff made the occasion special for the couple as well.

Room Tip: This is an Inn (Bed and Breakfast) and not a hotel in the free-standing sense. Garden and back porc...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 18, 2013

It was my first experience in Adam's Inn and I appreciated it. Hosts so friendly and helpful. Neighborhood and environment busy but the location of the Inn is so quiet and so safe. Not far from everything (metro, restaurants, attractions.....); Wonderful stay there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family