“Staff extremely unfriendly and unhelpful even rude!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Adam's Inn

Adam's Inn
Ranked #8 of 37 Washington DC B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Staff extremely unfriendly and unhelpful even rude!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was attending a conference in Washington and I stayed there for almost a week. The staff were very unfriendly and unhelpful and one particular staff member was even rude. The administration of the Hotel had made a mistake in my booking (I was supposed to leave one the day later) but they never said a thing so when I went back to the Hotel, after a day out, my things were in black plastic bags in the reception area!! I would never stay there again!

Room Tip: Don't stay there.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank 249Lisa249

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Hebrew first
Berlin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

The atmosphere has all you expect from a B&B. Nice meeting room for a wine/beer after the day, comfortable lounge, cosy furniture. The breakfast buffet has a good choice (different types of bread, cereals, fruits, yoghurt, juice, different jams, peanut butter, cheese and ham, ...). The rooms are a little pricy for what they offer. The beds are simple, heating can be an issue in winter, not all rooms have a private bathroom, bathrooms are okay, clean. The staff ranges from very helpful and friendly to grouchy (the latter being the exception).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I'm in DC fairly often, but this was my first time staying at Adam's Inn (and my first time staying at a Bed & Breakfast anywhere). I bought a voucher for it on LivingSocial to give it a try, not knowing exactly what to expect except that it was inexpensive and in a good neighborhood. I was pleasantly surprised! The staff were all friendly and very helpful, and the location afforded convenient access to three Metro lines. All in all, it's a great value, and I will definitely recommend this to others travelling on a budget.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Caitlin S
Venetia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have stayed at the Adams Inn about 3 times now and will continue to stay here when I visit the Washington DC area. It's quaint, clean and the staff is very accomodating and friendly. When I have arrived late, they make it very easy to check in... The breakfast was adequate. Would be better if they provided a hot breakfast, as in, putting out a supply of scrambled eggs and/or bacon or sausage. Otherwise, it was plenty.

Room Tip: ASk for a room with a private bath.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was my first time at a B&B. I purchased a Groupon for one night. Service was impeccable from start to finish. I called ahead to let the office know what time I'd be arriving. The receptionist left my arrival packet at the door in case she wasn't back from lunch in time. There were many materials in the packet; the instructions were very detailed and helpful. We reserved a parking spot in the garage and got in safely. Our room was larger than we needed, but upon booking my reservation (over a month in advance), I was told I'd get the more spacious room on the first floor (with the private bath), and they came through! The inn itself is gorgeous and cozy. There is a living room, fully furnished and decorated, equipped with movies, magazines, and a TV. The dining room has a beautiful rustic wooden table, and along the side is a table with info about the Adams Morgan area, as well as York peppermint patties AND a bottle of white wine (complimentary drinks on behalf of the new year)! There is a desk to take notes and a pay phone on the wall above it -- how "antique!" Our room was very clean. I'll admit, as I opened everything, I was fearful of what could be waiting on the other side, but behind every single door, cabinet, and sheet was cleanliness, thank God. :) The shower was not very roomy (no tub, just standing), but that would be my only qualm. Overall, my experience was very positive. The location is great, just a couple of blocks from an impressive strip of bars, restaurants, and lounges. Check-in and check-out were smooth. I hope to return in the springtime or summer, because there is a lovely front porch and a gorgeous patio area in the back. You should definitely consider staying at Adams Inn!

Room Tip: The room on the first floor is spacious and has a private bath. Towels are also provided.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

Never dealt with any staff person there until we checked out and she barely looked up from her desk, would not give me a receipt and didn't ask about our stay or I would have told her my complaints, rather than put them here. Breakfast was very lean, room was stark, no TV, mattress was so saggy, couldn't control the heat and it was too hot to sleep at night. Mandatory parking fee charged 3 months in advance was absurd. It is not located in a central area to major attractions, so location does not excuse lack of services. We stayed at an Inn in Dupont Circle, not far from this one which was much better.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Patty3052
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

Our stay was wonderful!!! Holly went WAY out of her way to take care of us!! Rooms are big and comfortable. Staff very friendly! We've stayed here many time and going back in 2 weeks. Hint: if you need a soft pillow, bring your own.

Room Tip: We love room 38.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family