“Absolutely fantastic!”

and up
Ghosts of Georgetown Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 145 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: DC by Foot is proud to offer an extensive schedule of pay-what-you-like Washington, DC tours, including the National Mall, Arlington Cemetery, Capitol Hill, Georgetown and more. In addition to walking tours, we also offer food, bike, bus and photography tours. Our tours come with no upfront costs, allowing you to pay what you thought a tour was worth, or what you could afford, at the end of the tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Fairfax, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely fantastic!”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I've lived in the DC region for 5 years now, so when my Dad came down for another visit we wanted a tour that wasn't the basic tourist attractions. The Georgetown neighborhood tour with Dan King was exactly what we were looking for, and more! We not only got a great taste of history and architecture, but also a lot of laughs along the way. Dan was a natural storyteller and teacher, and truly loves the history of DC. We will definitely be doing these tours again!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Genn G

• Thai first
“Awesome National Mall Tour”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I loved this tour because my tour guide, Dan King, was great. He did an awesome mix of history, architecture and humor. I had a great time, laughed and learned a lot :) This is a MUST when you are in DC. Furthermore, you received tips and useful information before actually starting the tour, as how to arrive, parking availability, etc. Just keep in mind that the tour actually lasts more than 2 hours as you still have to explore the Lincoln and the Korea War memorial by yourself after the official tour ends. Enjoy!

Visited May 2014
NYC
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Excellent tour”
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

I did the all in one tour (major sites plus tidal basin, 4 hours) with Mia. As other mentioned the tour guide was knowledgeable and before we went into any one place she took time not only to give background to the place but also shared interesting tidbits and pointed out how best to enjoy sites. It was great for someone who had never been to Washington DC. Even though it was hot Mia kept us engaged. Wear comfortable shoes, bring a large bottle of water, and plenty of sunscreen especially if you'll be visiting in the summer... This was my first tours by foot and it won't be my last. Highly recommended.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank gulggi
Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Monuments and Tidal Basin”
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Great and informative tour! Our first day, first visit to DC and we spent 4 hours touring the monuments and tidal basin. A lot of interesting informative information about the monuments.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank N P
Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great. Great. Great.”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This was one of the best tour experiences I've ever had. I had Kara as I tour guide and the way she gives you the information is incredible. It's funny, it's entertaining, you get to see a loooot, and (doesn't happen to me that often, even almost never...) I actually remember a lot of things from the tour! The group was a bit tired at the end and I'm afraid we didn't give a lot of response (I can imagine that's important for a guide.. sorry!), but she still managed to keep it interesting up to the very last point! You get to know things you wouldn't know on the regular tour, and again, the WAY she is doing it...
Whoever you are you would definitely enjoy it!

Visited May 2014