“Great walking tour for kids.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Ghosts of Georgetown Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 139 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: DC by Foot is proud to offer an extensive schedule of pay-what-you-like Washington, DC tours, including the National Mall, Arlington Cemetery, Capitol Hill, Georgetown and more. In addition to walking tours, we also offer food, bike, bus and photography tours. Our tours come with no upfront costs, allowing you to pay what you thought a tour was worth, or what you could afford, at the end of the tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
new york city
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great walking tour for kids.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

We did the 4 hour walking tour of the monuments and tidal basin. My 9 year old twins kept up the whole time and we all really enjoyed it. At the end they said , "That didn't feel like four hours at all". The guides build in mini breaks and the historical tidbits really kept our attention. I was worried the Free part would make the tour too large..but it didnt...and the guide was so helpful.

• Thai first
“Awesome way to see DC!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

Our experience with DC by Foot was awesome! Our guide Chris was were knowledgeable and friendly. He answered all of our questions and gave us time to explore on our own which I thought it was nice. I'm so glad we did DC by Foot and not visit the sites on our own and there are so much history and information on each site. If you plan a visit to Washington DC do yourself a favor and do one of this guided tour and you won't regret!

Alpharetta, GA
“Lincoln assassination tour in DC - great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

My family just got back from a great 5 days exploring DC over spring break. Clear highlight was on our last night taking this tour with Becca. Super interesting, great for adults as well as my 10 and 12 years, and really interesting blend of history, trivia, and fun (despite the topic). Becca made it a great experience...incredibly knowledgeable, passionate about the topic, and a great storyteller. Highly recommend this as part of any family's DC visit experience.

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

Loved this tour! Our guide, Dan, was the best! Entertaining and informative, my girls (13 and 15) both said they wished he was their history teacher. He brought real insight into the monuments and memorials we visited. Added a whole new dimension to DC. We highly recommend this tour and look forward to doing another one on our next visit.

Atlanta, GA
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Can't say enough good things about DC by Foot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

My family and I took two tours with this company--The Mall and Arlington. Both were excellent. A larger group than expected showed up for one of them, but our tour guide didn't miss a beat. Although a large group, he kept us moving and entertained the entire time. Best tour guide we've ever had. The next day, I wondered if we had just gotten lucky with a good guide the day before, but once again our tour guide was fantastic. Name your price can't be beat. I hope everyone pays these guys what they are worth. Just outstanding.