“Worth it - even if you're a local!”
Review of DC by Foot

and up
Ghosts of Georgetown Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 143 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: DC by Foot is proud to offer an extensive schedule of pay-what-you-like Washington, DC tours, including the National Mall, Arlington Cemetery, Capitol Hill, Georgetown and more. In addition to walking tours, we also offer food, bike, bus and photography tours. Our tours come with no upfront costs, allowing you to pay what you thought a tour was worth, or what you could afford, at the end of the tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Worth it - even if you're a local!”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I love walking tours and do them whenever I'm on vacation. Yet, in my 18 years living in DC, it never occurred to me to play tourist in my own town - until this weekend. The weather was great, so I did a quick google search and found this walking tour of the National Mall. Since I'm generally down there stomping around every other weekend, I was worried I might find it boring - but NO! Chris was a great tour guide. He made sure there was something for everyone - even though I'm familiar with the sites, he layered in good stories and history along the way so I learned something. Definitely worth the time and money. I'll look forward to checking out the other tours this group puts on... as it turns out, I LIKE being a tourist in my own town!

Visited February 2014

• Thai first
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Highly recommend!”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Took the Ghosts of Georgetown tour as well as their bus tour. Had the same guide for both and she was very knowledgeable and entertaining. Would definitely use this company again if we go back to DC!

Visited September 2013
Broomfield, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Experience the Lincoln Assassination”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Walking through history is what it felt like to be on the "Lincoln Assassination Walking Tour." Our DC by Foot guide (sorry, I forgot her name) explained in chronological order the series of events that lead up to the infamous evening when Lincoln was shot. She described the people and explained their relationship to Lincoln. We walked to and sat/stand at the important sites and actively listen to how they fit into the final event. The descriptions were so vivid that you can picture each person and his/her actions and reactions. The descriptions were very graphic, and the setting was dark which caused my 11 year old to be scared. Adults can become just as involved in the story, too, because the story was told very well. How much you decide to tip the walking tour guide is dependent on how much you got from this unique historical experience. What you tip is the cost of the tour and is what the guide earns.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Sunnie G
London, United Kingdom
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 130 helpful votes
“Long walk but worth it”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

What a way to see all the Washington sites. We were staying with friends living outside of the city. We travelled in by subway and just walked and walked. We saw everything and then stopped off in China Town for a wonderful lunch. I can't even remember all the sites now but needless to say we enjoyed each and every step. Our friend was a local and knew his american history. Everyone should visit Washington DC.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Beryl28
Manchester
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Informative & Interesting”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is the first time I have taken one of their walking tours and I really enjoyed it. The lady who took us round was very informative and attentive to all. We didn't feel too pressured to leave a tip, but why wouldn't you when she did such a good job.

Visited December 2013