“Perfect walking tour of the National Mall”
Review of DC by Foot

DC by Foot
Book In Advance
Ghosts of Georgetown Walking Tour
Historic Georgetown Walking Tour
Lincoln Walking Tour in Washington DC
Ranked #1 of 145 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: DC by Foot is proud to offer an extensive schedule of pay-what-you-like Washington, DC tours, including the National Mall, Arlington Cemetery, Capitol Hill, Georgetown and more. In addition to walking tours, we also offer food, bike, bus and photography tours. Our tours come with no upfront costs, allowing you to pay what you thought a tour was worth, or what you could afford, at the end of the tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Perfect walking tour of the National Mall”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I did the two-hour walking tour of the National Mall and it was perfect! Our guide, Chis, was super knowledgeable and friendly - we could have listened to him all day. This is a much better way to see and learn about the memorials than a large bus tour or trying to do it on your own. We live in DC and have been to these memorials plenty of times, but we learned so much new information this time around. I highly recommend this tour for anyone visiting DC or for locals who want to learn more about the history of our city. We can't wait to do one of the other tours soon.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Jasonk77

• Thai first
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Ghosts of Georgetown”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We took the Ghosts of Georgetown Tour with Canden. It was cold but well worth going. Our guide was great and very knowledgeable. We got to see a lot of great places and learn about historical events and myths. You should try it!

1 Thank Marty G
Waltham, Massachusetts
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife and I did three of these tours Christmas week -- the National Mall, Lincoln Assassination and Georgetown at Night. We had three different guides -- Canden, Erin and Erin (yes, there are at least two Erins) -- but enjoyed each tour equally. Our experience was that the guides are very organized and knowledgeable. And their speaking styles are loud and clear (important because the groups can be large). Washington has a lot to offer, but walking tours are a great way to see the city, enjoy the weather and learn something that you would not learn otherwise. We have done walking tours in many cities, and DC by Foot compares favorably with the best of those.

1 Thank fatalem
Athens, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“National Mall tour with Dan”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

This tour was the best tour that I have ever been on in my life. Dan was very enthusiastic throughout the entire tour from start to finish (about 4 1/2 hours), and he was a gold mine of information. He knew everything to know about all of the monuments. There weren't any questions that I can remember that went unanswered. I can't explain enough how much I enjoyed this tour. It made my trip to DC. This tour is a must do!!!

3 Thank Dylan M
Berlin, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Great Great”
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

We joined the National Mall Tour on a really hot day in September. Our tour guide Chris was really nice and often tried to stop in the shadow under a tree. Even though it was so hot we had a great time and learned many new things.