“Great Great Great”
Review of DC by Foot

DC by Foot
More attraction details
Owner description: DC by Foot is proud to offer an extensive schedule of pay-what-you-like Washington, DC tours, including the National Mall, Arlington Cemetery, Capitol Hill, Georgetown and more. In addition to walking tours, we also offer food, bike, bus and photography tours. Our tours come with no upfront costs, allowing you to pay what you thought a tour was worth, or what you could afford, at the end of the tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

We joined the National Mall Tour on a really hot day in September. Our tour guide Chris was really nice and often tried to stop in the shadow under a tree. Even though it was so hot we had a great time and learned many new things.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,562)
All reviews
"tidal basin"
in 138 reviews
"hour tour"
in 108 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 62 reviews
in 63 reviews
"white house"
in 124 reviews

Reviewed December 9, 2013

On a whirlwind trip to the US, I booked myself on a Capitol Hill Tour with DC By Foot. What a great decision on my part.
Ian our guide, was funny, informative and personable - he made the history interesting and open to the non US members of the tour group (this tour is more politically/US government based). With not much knowledge of this topic, Ian made this information accessible and not daunting. It lasts for around 2 hours walking around the buildings on Capitol Hill, and you can pay what you feel the tour was worth. The Reading Room in the Jefferson Building is spectacular.
It is a great concept, ran by people who care about their city and want to share it's history with visitors.

When I return - I will be booking myself on the other tours that they offer.
A fantastic attraction in DC.

Book now!!

J :-)

1  Thank jen m
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Chris was very informative and a passionate storyteller. We really enjoyed the walking tour around the DC monuments. Although I would not recommend for young children, Chris' information and delivery interested my 7 yo. HIghly recommend!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I spent some days in DC last month and in my free time I decided to book myself on a walking tour around the National Mall. The tour was very interesting and our tour guide very exhaustive (one of the best ever!) Thank you for giving this opportunity and also, is a nice way to show the beauty of the cities without a "fixed price" for a tour guide ! Loved DC!