“DC by Foot Tours”

and up
Ghosts of Georgetown Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 139 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: DC by Foot is proud to offer an extensive schedule of pay-what-you-like Washington, DC tours, including the National Mall, Arlington Cemetery, Capitol Hill, Georgetown and more. In addition to walking tours, we also offer food, bike, bus and photography tours. Our tours come with no upfront costs, allowing you to pay what you thought a tour was worth, or what you could afford, at the end of the tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Oakland
“DC by Foot Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Can't say enough good about how informative and enjoyable The Mall and Lincoln's Assassination tours were. My 11 year old son and I learned so much and saw the sights in a much more meaningful way. He just did a report on Lincoln, so this tour was fascinating to him. Erin did a wonderful job of bringing the story to life. Mia was great on the Mall tour, too. I was concerned about safely returning to our hotel by Metro from Ford's Theatre where the tour ended, but the station wasn't far and the subway was fairly busy. I felt safe.
Sheila

• Thai first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fabulous Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is by far one of the best deals in DC. We recently took the "Twilight Bus Tour" which is not actually free, but still well worth the price. The bus tour costs $21 per person to pay for the gas and driver. At that rate, it is about a third of the cost of the other bus tours and much more personalized. We got to see many sites that are hard to get to otherwise, including the Iwo Jima memorial and the Air Force memorial. Our guide was prompt, knowledgable and let us take a few minutes at each place for pictures. Easy to find the centralized meeting point and you are dropped off at the same place at the end of the tour. Would highly recommend. Can't wait to try out some of their other truly free tours!

Visited March 2013
seattle
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Excellent tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We took 2 tours with DC by Foot- Monuments by Night and the Arlington Cemetery- and thoroughly enjoyed both. (Actually signed up for the Tidal Basin tour as well on Easter Sunday but it was cold and rainy so skipped that tour). The guides (Eddie and Chris) were exceptional- knowledgable and a wealth of information. Good walking pace but people with disabilities would have a hard time keeping up. Highly recommend!

Visited April 2013
“Outstanding tour and value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

DC by foot did outstanding job. I had no hesitation giving my big tip at the end! I recommend for all ages. Our 3 kids loved it. We took 3 tours.

Syracuse
“Deven' Mall Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was part of a group that booked a Private walking tour of our National Mall with Deven. He was very well informed and could answer all the questions I had for him. I loved his approach to the tour - by combining historical knowledge, memorial design knowledge, random trivia and jokes (some corny and cute but aren't those the best kind?!) it really helped bring the National Mall alive and seemed like there was something for everyone. I didn't realize history could be so fun. Thanks Deven and DC By Foot!

Visited March 2013