“Fantastic”

Lincoln Walking Tour in Washington DC
Historic Georgetown Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 145 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: DC by Foot is proud to offer an extensive schedule of pay-what-you-like Washington, DC tours, including the National Mall, Arlington Cemetery, Capitol Hill, Georgetown and more. In addition to walking tours, we also offer food, bike, bus and photography tours. Our tours come with no upfront costs, allowing you to pay what you thought a tour was worth, or what you could afford, at the end of the tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We enjoyed 2 tours with Chris and I can definitely reinforce other reviews about how worthwhile they were. Luckily it was sunny, although crisp, for our afternoon tour of the monuments. Chris was full of information and the walk was not onerous at all. Following this tour we joined Chris for the Lincoln assassination walk - it was very cold and drizzling rain, but this added to the atmosphere of the tour. Yes I was tired after a very full on day, but so glad I did both walks. We were more than happy to pay at the end of the tour, and were pleased to see all the participants make a contribution. Great experience!

2  Thank Cee B
There are newer reviews for DC by Foot

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Being a native Washingtonian, one becomes immune to the sights of the city. Saying that, my experience with DC by foot was a delight! Not only did I gain a new found appreciation for my "town" but I learned interesting tibits which makes me happy.

Do "listen" to the website-dress appropriately or the tour will be miserable.

1  Thank celticgirl21
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Our family of four did the National Mall tour with Chris. We were very pleased to have him as our guide as we had read so many positive reviews and were not disappointed! Chris’ knowledge was amazing and his love for history and enjoyment in passing this on to others could clearly be seen.

All the information shared was interesting, no matter where you're from.

Seriously, if you only have time for one tour do a DC by Foot one! We would have done the Lincoln one but ran out of time…

We were happy to generously tip Chris as we saved a lot of money by not doing another tour and it was really worth it!

We enjoyed the experience so much we did another walking tour in New York in the freezing cold!

Make sure you go to the bathroom before the tour as there are really no facilities available...!

3  Thank ljr2612
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The website said dress appropriately for the weather, so I braved a two hour tour in a parka and my long johns in 32 degrees. It was wonderful! Such a great tour guide (thank you Chris!) Really a great way to see the monuments and get a feel for the history.

1  Thank AmyTravelsALot
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Brilliant Tour! In 3.5h you will see the most important things in DC and you will get all the information you need :) Chris was an wonderful guide and gave us a lot of background information for every monument, memorial or what we saw during the tour. Go for it ;)

1  Thank Ann-Kathrin J