“Educational, engaging, and well paced tour!”
Review of DC by Foot

and up
Historic Georgetown Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 146 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: DC by Foot is proud to offer an extensive schedule of pay-what-you-like Washington, DC tours, including the National Mall, Arlington Cemetery, Capitol Hill, Georgetown and more. In addition to walking tours, we also offer food, bike, bus and photography tours. Our tours come with no upfront costs, allowing you to pay what you thought a tour was worth, or what you could afford, at the end of the tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Awesome tour with Ricky. Loved seeing DC by night. Ricky was very knowledgeable regarding the tour subject matter. His wealth of historic knowledge regarding the last days of President Abraham Lincoln was amazing. He brought that period in history alive to our group. I participated in the tour with my 12 year old daughter and we both enjoyed it. The value was excellent, because you set your own price. Will definitely be returning to DC by Foot for more tours of DC.

1  Thank mdgirlnpa

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This tour was fantastic. Gave us a lot of information. Chris answered all our questions. Great, funny guy with a passion for DC.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I couldn't have more nice things to say about our All in One tour on Sunday with Eddie. Even though it was a rainy day many people showed up and walked along to hear many interesting stories about our nation's capital. I was surprised at how many things I learned that I didn't already know. Eddie was fantastic! My husband and I definitely plan on using DC by foot again if we go back to the city and trying out the free tours in other cities!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect when I booked this, but this turned out to be wonderful, and possibly the best thing that my son and I did on our two-day trip to DC. We did the Monuments Tour, and it was great. I've seen the monuments before (long time ago), but I learned so many new things about them, and this was my son's first visit. Our guide, Chris, did a phenomenal job telling us all about the history and giving us additional fun facts/trivia about the monuments.

Before we started the tour, my son was complaining about all the walking that he had already done for the day and wanted to go back to the hotel. I dragged him on this tour, and I'm so glad I did. By the end, he was talking about two of their other tours that he would like to do.

On my next visit to DC or other cities where they are in operation, I will definitely try some of their other tours. These guys work on tips, so please tip generously!

Thanks, Chris! We had a great time! 10/5/12

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Actually, when I made a reservation for this tour, I thought "Oh no, this might be boring... seeing only the Monuments that I already know." But I wanted to go anyway, because a friend of mine was visiting from Atlanta and I wanted to learn something about my hometown for a year as well (I am an aupair from Germany,as she is!). Well... our tourguide Chris made the tour anything, but not boring. It was AWESOME! Thank you soooo much for the informations about the Monuments and I assure you - I will do other tours of DC and NYC as well... I LOVE IT and totally recommend it to anybody!