“All in One 4hr. Free Tour National Mall”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of DC by Foot

and up
Ghosts of Georgetown Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 139 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: DC by Foot is proud to offer an extensive schedule of pay-what-you-like Washington, DC tours, including the National Mall, Arlington Cemetery, Capitol Hill, Georgetown and more. In addition to walking tours, we also offer food, bike, bus and photography tours. Our tours come with no upfront costs, allowing you to pay what you thought a tour was worth, or what you could afford, at the end of the tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Katy
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“All in One 4hr. Free Tour National Mall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was really a 4 hour tour! We took this tour on one of the hottest days of the year. The tour begins by the Washington monument and finished at the Jefferson. Chris was our tour guide. He was friendly, understanding , and knowledgeable. He found the shade along the tour and we would stop there for information or just a quick shade break. My daughter and I learned a lot of trivia and historical information. Chris is a pro!

Visited July 2012

• Thai first
Honolulu, Hawaii
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Our tour was over the top”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Thanks to Chris the walking tour of Arlington Cemetary was very memorable because of all the historical facts he shared. The walk was at a good pace and Chris always waited until the stragglers caught up before he spoke. I don't believe my family and I would have fully appreciated Arlington Cemetary had we gone there on our own.

The second review is also for DC by Foot. We met up with Devan for the night tour of the memorials. Again, the wealth of information shared made the entire experience over top!

We have rez. for their Secrets and Scandals tour--can't wait for it!

1 Thank lkmama
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Best thing I've done in DC!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Chris the DC on foot guide was wonderful, informative, animated, and full of knowledge! Being on his walking tour of the monuments was the best thing I did in DC! I found this tour by chance at the Washington monument and just jumped in on the group tour for the remainder of the 3 hours. I'm sad I didn't know about this company on my prior trips or when I visited DC with family. I will definatly use this company again in DC and other cities. Thank you for a great tour Chris, I learned so much from you and enjoyed every minute.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Informative, Fun, & FREE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was the best decision I made during my recent trip to Washington, DC. I didn't expect much when I signed on for a free walking tour. But I was pleasantly surprised and so grateful for the experience. Our tour guide, Ed, was extremely knowledgeable about the history of Washington and monuments/memorials we got to see. It was a great pace to take pictures and really absorb the atmosphere of DC. Would highly recommend this to anyone and will definitely be returning to this tour company whenever I am in DC in the future.

Wuppertal, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Chris for Top”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Wie made our walking Tour for the Mall with all the monuments. It was fantatic for the Sights to See the Stories being told and the pauses to Explore The places on oneselfs. And for Chris who lead us. He was awesome!