“2 thumbs up”

and up
Ghosts of Georgetown Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 145 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: DC by Foot is proud to offer an extensive schedule of pay-what-you-like Washington, DC tours, including the National Mall, Arlington Cemetery, Capitol Hill, Georgetown and more. In addition to walking tours, we also offer food, bike, bus and photography tours. Our tours come with no upfront costs, allowing you to pay what you thought a tour was worth, or what you could afford, at the end of the tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
hartford, ct
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“2 thumbs up”
Reviewed February 25, 2008

even though DC by foot was free I would have payed big bucks for the experience. they told us everything we would have wanted to know and more about the monuments and city, and answered all my questions knowledgeably. it was engaging and entertaining, and the guides were witty (bordering on hilarious) but also very professional. when it was over i was legitimately sad! i would enthusiastically recommend this tour service for anyone and will definitely be doing it again next time i am in town.

4 Thank carrose

• Thai first
Larchmont, New York
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“2 Thumbs Up for DC By Foot”
Reviewed February 24, 2008

Even though my husband went to school in DC and I have visited DC many times, the DC by Foot tour is a Must Do whether this is your first trip or 100th trip to the capital city. Our tour guide Brody offered interesting and entertaining facts and stories of the monuments and the people they are named for. Brody's enthusiasm was contagious as we walked to the Washington Memorial, WW II Memorial, Viet Nam Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, and viewed the Jefferson Memorial and the White House in the distance. This is a very easy walking tour and is wheel chair and/or stroller friendly. Brody was very knowledgable in answering our questions and engaging our 5 year old daughter.
Join the tour guides wearing the light blue shirts and enjoy one of the most enjoyable hours you will have in D.C.

3 Thank Helene W
Long Island, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“No show”
Reviewed February 19, 2008

Showed up today for the 6pm tour. Nobody was there. Figuring maybe I was late, I walked over to the Washington Monument to meet up with the group. Still nobody. The park police cop at the base of the monument said she never heard of dcbyfoot. We made our own walking tour.

1 Thank Chardo
Washington, DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Historical and Hysterical!”
Reviewed December 20, 2007

This has got to by one of the best tours that I have ever taken. I have traveled through Europe and all over the US and I would take the DCByFoot tour again and again. They are incredibly knowledgable about their city, have funny ancedotes that they talk about during the tour, and they obviously love their job! Definitely Go on this tour!

6 Thank agoeke
New York, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Entertaining and Insightful”
Reviewed December 4, 2007

I've gone on lots of tours of D.C. - but this one just stands out from the rest. It's really funny, and really interesting. I walked away feeling like I truly knew more about our nation's history, and not just more about the monuments and buildings. I brought home some great trivia facts too - if these guys were to write our U.S. history textbooks, it would be my favorite subject.

7 Thank vdymdy07