“DC's best kept secret!”

and up
Ghosts of Georgetown Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 145 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: DC by Foot is proud to offer an extensive schedule of pay-what-you-like Washington, DC tours, including the National Mall, Arlington Cemetery, Capitol Hill, Georgetown and more. In addition to walking tours, we also offer food, bike, bus and photography tours. Our tours come with no upfront costs, allowing you to pay what you thought a tour was worth, or what you could afford, at the end of the tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Fort Lauderdale, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“DC's best kept secret!”
Reviewed December 4, 2007

I have never been a fan of tours, or history for that matter. My husband (the history buff) was strongly urged by a co-worker to take this FREE walking tour, and I agreed to tag along.
I could not have been more impressed! Brody and Ben did a WONDERFUL job keeping me engaged and laughing the entire way through. With their colorful anecdotes and unparalleled enthusiasm for the subject, these recent college grads really brought out the patriot in me!

A VERY special thanks to Brody and Ben for a “priceless” experience and wonderful dining suggestions!

4 Thank kamkam21

• Thai first
Boston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A D.C must do”
Reviewed November 25, 2007

At first a free tour sounded substandard, however after the first five minutes I found myself hooked. Exceptionally talented, the tour guides create an experience that you remember for a life time. There is really only one way to experience the history of D.C, and that is by D.C. by Foot.

3 Thank CGormley
Nashville, TN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“DC by Foot tour--gotta go!”
Reviewed November 8, 2007

I took the tour with my husband on October 10th. We were in DC last year, and didn't learn half as much as we did during this hour-long tour. They tell you the things you really want to know--not boring stuff. I was also laughing the entire time! These guys were hilarious. Indeed, this tour is a hidden DC gem!

6 Thank Nashville_TNJules
Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Free Walking Tour of Monuments”
Reviewed November 7, 2007

I was in DC in early November for a conference, and had a short window of time to be a tourist. I went to tripadvisor.com (of course!) to look for ideas and found this free walking tour called D.C. by Foot which happened to be offered right at the time I had open (6 p.m.).

How it works is you just meet the tour guides at the base of the Washington Monument, and then they lead you on a free guided tour of the monuments, about an hour and 30 minutes long. They just work for tips.

The tour was great and was exactly what I wanted: informative, entertaining, concise, fun. The tour guides were knowledgeable and enthusiastic. I am not a big history buff, but the guides made it interesting with their high-energy presentation and funny stories. It was good for adults and children. Next time I come to DC I am going to take this tour again and bring my husband and kids because they really would have appreciated it too.

And you can't beat the price!!! I would highly recommend it.

4 Thank ColoradoPersia
Woodbridge, CT
“Awesome tour!!!!!”
Reviewed October 23, 2007

Simply put, you NEED to go on this tour...it is fun, informative, and a great way to see a great city. I highly recommend it...