“Consistently Ahhhmazing”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: On D Street Between 6th and 7th Streets.
Transit: Two Block Walk From the China Town/Gallery Place Metro and One Block Walk From the Archives/Navy Memorial Metro.
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

No matter how many times we dine at Rasika, we are repeatedly blown away by the food, service, and attention to detail.

The Palak Chaat is mandatory. The management team (Santosh and Steven) make you feel like family.

Each time we bring guests, they lament that after the experience, they'll never enjoy Indian food outside of Rasika.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank GrowMyRevenue
Write a reviewReviews (2,858)

Reviewed September 16, 2018

After a long day of walking, we went here for dinner. A co-worker of my husband's, who is a trained chef in addition to his current profession, recommended this restaurant to us as a "must do." We were very hungry, and knowing that this is a popular restaurant, we went for an early dinner (5:30 pm). We were seated immediately.

The interior of the restaurant is quite beautiful and the service is excellent. But the food is center stage.

We started with drinks, I got a Bombay Sapphire Gin & Tonic ($12) and my husband got a glass of Merino Rioja ($12). We followed with an order of Garlic Naan ($4) and an order of Scallops ($12). They were excellent.

There was a mix up and a delicious salad of tomatoes, etc was delivered to our table. We were told to keep the salad free of charge.

For entrees, my husband got the Mixed Grill ($22) and I got the Lobster Hawa ($28), a lobster puff pastry dish. We also had a round of Poco Chardonnay ($13 ea.).

Everything was fantastic and we were stuffed when we left. Wow.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

Just like the title says we had a really nice meal with really good service from the waiter but for the life of me couldn’t understand why an Indian restaurant had such lame naan. Kind of an important staple.

That said we’d recommended and try it out again. Not to take the wind out of the sails but I didn’t find it much better than a good hole in the wall Indian food restaurant... for about half the price.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

Terrific high end Indian food in DC. Loved the green tikka masala, potato and chickpea (raggada patice), and Burani Ghost (lamb)

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 9, 2018

This is the best Indian food I've ever had and I have been to India! The palak chaat is soooo good and I love the tikka masala and lassis.

Date of visit: December 2017