“Very tasty, best Indian food I have ever eaten!”
Review of Rasika

Rasika
Ranked #12 of 3,473 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: On D Street Between 6th and 7th Streets.
Transit: Two Block Walk From the China Town/Gallery Place Metro and One Block Walk From the Archives/Navy Memorial Metro.
Reviewed August 11, 2018

Very elegant, super tasty, and great service! They have delicious Bhindi chili garlic, palak chat, and goat cheese tiki! Great atmosphere! we even got dessert on the house. If you are in the D.C area you have to come here.

Date of visit: August 2018
Write a reviewReviews (2,858)

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

This was my first visit and it was great. My friend and I let the server make all the selection and it was perfect! Each course complimented the next including dessert. The dishes were wonderfully flavored, but not too spicy. I recommend anyone who wants to try something new, go to Rasika! I highly recommend making a reservation because it fills quickly.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Rasika spoiled us for any other Indian restaurant with their delicious chicken tikka masala, patak chaat (fried spinach), lentil dish and the black cod. Everything we tried was delicious. The avocado banana chaat was our least favorite. The ratio of banana to avocado seemed off, too little banana. The service was excellent.
Tip: They offer a theatre menu.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

I've had the pleasure of dining here on several occasions, enticed by the glowing professional reviews. Everything about this restaurant is top-notch; stellar appetizers, sublime main courses, attentive, but not overbearing servers, and attractive decor keep me returning for more. The palak chaat is so outstanding that we now order one for each couple we are dining with. The tikka masala is nicely done, and black cod comes with a savory sauce that nicely complements the generous portion of delicious fish. And yet I find myself returning again and again to their wonderfully aromatic goat biryani rice for a more unique experience. As I write this I find myself yearning to return to explore even more of their delightful dishes. Go, just go...you will not be disappointed!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed August 5, 2018

Go to Indian when visiting DC. Splendid flavor, fair pricing and a little bit extra in the dishes to keep things from getting stale.