“Lovely but overrated”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: On D Street Between 6th and 7th Streets.
Transit: Two Block Walk From the China Town/Gallery Place Metro and One Block Walk From the Archives/Navy Memorial Metro.
Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

I think the ambience is nice and the menu has decent variety, but it is not the best I've had in DC. For the price and reservation challenges I would expect it to taste better. I actually prefer Bindas over this place, in terms of quality.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank Mary M
Write a reviewReviews (2,858)

Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

I have eaten at Rasika four times in the last year and the food is consistently exceptional and has a menu that changes regularly. The service is consistently attentive and friendly. The last eat visit I had the Lamb Vindaloo and the fried cauliflower, both were unbelievable. Paired with Negroni cocktail, I left exquisitely satisfied for less than $50 which is a bargain in DC for food this good.

Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

We went for dinner as a group of 5 . Ambience is wonderful and it was easy to converse. The food was amazingly good and tasty. Their signature Palak chaat was worth it . We had chicken ( with mint curry) which was delicious and the the egg plant in the curry sauce was outstanding .
The daal was average and the drinks (2 cocktails) were not the standard that I expected. Although there was plenty of staff around , strangely, our waiter was always busy elsewhere - hence the main reason for the 4 stars instead of 5.
Overall , it was a good experience and I would probably go back again.

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

I love this place. If you’re looking for fresh, flavorful Indian food in a great atmosphere, this is your place. I highly recommend the Palak chaat and chicken makhani.

Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

My two colleagues chose a 4-course meal and I had a chicken Tikka with rice and naan. They had 2 beers each, I begrudgingly stuck to water. Total damage: $187 with taxes and tip. Let me be clear that the food was above norm, even excellent, but not commensurate to the prices charged. The place presents itself as a somewhat upscale establishment, if not a bit pretentious. Complete with its own valet parking. We have excellent Indian restaurants in my hometown that are not even half as expensive. Yes, Washington DC is an expensive town, but there are limits. My three star rating reflects the quality of the food tempered by the excessive prices.