“what to order if you don't like Indian cuisine”
Review of Rasika

Rasika
Ranked #12 of 3,473 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: On D Street Between 6th and 7th Streets.
Transit: Two Block Walk From the China Town/Gallery Place Metro and One Block Walk From the Archives/Navy Memorial Metro.
Reviewed June 7, 2018

We go to Rasika for the spinach salad. It is absolutely unmatched by any other restaurant and is so delicious. We stick to the appetizers - small plates- if you don't like it, it's not a waste of food or money. The mango shrimp are excellent. Also the lamb roll was very good. The naan bread es excellent and the yogurt dip is delish.

Date of visit: June 2018
Write a reviewReviews (2,858)

Reviewed May 31, 2018

This is the best Indian food that I ever had! Definitely worth trying. We were in group of 5 people and ordered several dishes to share. Not a single one was bad. They were so good that it was difficult to say which one was better. Awesome experience!

Reviewed May 31, 2018

One of the joys of international cities is diverse food done very well. There are undoubtedly many Indian restaurants in Washington D.C., but Rasikas is the best I've had. Excellent service and a lovely atmosphere - they are a busy place, but one does not feel hurried. Thanks for a lovely dining experience.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

Amazing food all the time. I’ve eaten here at least 3 times over the last year and it’s been perfect each and every time.

Reviewed May 28, 2018

Hands down my favorite meal this DC trip. Everything we tried was fantastic but no question I could live on the fried spinach the rest of my life.Spicy reshmi kebab and black cod accompanied by onion & sage bread were fantastic. We were expertly guided through the menu by Kyle at the bar. If I lived in the area I would be there weekly. I try not to repeat experiences in DC when there are so many great dining options but this would get a repeat visit.