“Great flavors”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: On D Street Between 6th and 7th Streets.
Transit: Two Block Walk From the China Town/Gallery Place Metro and One Block Walk From the Archives/Navy Memorial Metro.
Reviewed July 20, 2016

This was our fourth time at Rasika (both locations). Always had a fantastic meal. Definitely need reservations. Our two favorite dishes are the signature palak chaat (fried spinach) and tawa baigan (eggplant and potato). Had an incredibly tasty mixed drink of dhaniya cooler cocktail which contains gin, port and cucumber. While the lamb dish we had, ananas gosht, was quite tasty, it was mostly sauce and not all that much lamb. I would pick something else. BTW, service can be extremely fast. If you want a leisurely meal, make sure to advise them - or order in stages, slowly.

Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

I had reservations and the restaurant was half empty and yet they made me wait for 15 minutes to prepare a table. The dover sole was amazing and the black pepper crab was excellent and the cauliflower was great but that was it. All the main course items were just mediocre. I ordered three different naans but all were the same with different names. This place is overrated for sure.

1  Thank sajjidd
Reviewed July 20, 2016

I love good Indian food and went here because of other reviews that I had read. I was so pleased I did! The staff was helpful and very knowledgable about the dishes. They made great suggestions based on flavors, meats and veggies that I like. They really want you to have a good experience.

Everything was terrific and I look forward to trying new dishes on my next trip.

I will certainly be back!

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

I have tried curries the world over and this restaurants food is probably in my top 5,it's that good.Excellent spicing,great service and a excellent ambiance complete the experience ,highly recommended

1  Thank hilandlad
Reviewed July 19, 2016 via mobile

Best Indian food in the DMV. Service is outstanding. Ask your server for suggestions if you're unsure about what to order. You will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: March 2016