“Consistently impressive!”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: On D Street Between 6th and 7th Streets.
Transit: Two Block Walk From the China Town/Gallery Place Metro and One Block Walk From the Archives/Navy Memorial Metro.
Reviewed June 1, 2016

I have eaten at Rasika seven or eight times in the last two years. It is consistently impressive. Everything I or my guests have ordered has been exceptional -- this includes their famous fried spinach dish but also fish dishes, lamb, vegetarian. Hard to get a reservation. This time I made last minute plans with friends from out of town and we had to settle for eating at the bar -- full menu served there. They were skeptical of our settling for the bar but were won over from the very first bite. The food is outstanding and imaginatively served; the staff efficient and helpful. No amount of stars are too many to give this place when so many others are often hit and miss -- good one time, not so the next. I am always certain Rasika will elicit rave reviews from my friends when I take them there.

Reviewed June 1, 2016

The food is excellent and ambience good. I love Indian food and this was an excellent choice. The wait stuff was vey attentive. You do have to make a reservation in advance though.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed June 1, 2016

The food is delicious and the service is great. If you have never tried Indian food, this is the place to go.

1  Thank HC8822
Reviewed June 1, 2016

palak chaat, folks. So yummy + the walls here are the color of spices, which is so nice when you taste all the spices. All I can say is that Vikram Sundram is a man who really knows his way around a spice cabinet. Great service.

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed June 1, 2016

We dined at both Rasika locations on our visit. Rasika East was our second stop. Beautiful restaurant space and our server was really knowledgable and attentive. At both locations we had Palak Chaat, crispy spinach, you need to order it. All of the food was delicious. The Dhaba Gosht (lamb curry), Lamb Kathi roll and naan. The Gulab Jamun with Cardamom ice cream for dessert was delicious, I still think about that ice cream.