“Fab Indian restaurant”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: On D Street Between 6th and 7th Streets.
Transit: Two Block Walk From the China Town/Gallery Place Metro and One Block Walk From the Archives/Navy Memorial Metro.
Reviewed July 29, 2015

On a friend's recommendation we booked a table at Rasika during our first ever trip to DC. We were not disappointed. As there were so many interesting and delicious sounding dishes, we went for the 4 course tasting meal. My husband also went for the wine pairing option which he thoroughly enjoyed. The service and ambience suited us. We would love to return next time we are in DC.

Date of visit: November 2014
Write a reviewReviews (2,819)

Reviewed July 29, 2015

I'd heard that this place had received all kinds of awards and that the reservation list was at least 2 weeks long. I see why. In short, my tastings were great! There are yet a few things that I need to go back and try. I tell ya, the flavors that burst from these dishes they serve are phenomenal! I tasted my friend's Chicken Biryani (aromatic chicken, basmati rice, saffron, and other stuff) and begged her for her leftovers to take home. So succulent and so powerfully flavorful! It's as if all the herbs and spices were having their own personal fiesta (or Utsav since we're speaking middle eastern) in my mouth! The one thing that you must try that is signature for them is the Palak chaat (flash-fried spinach). I've never heard of such a thing and couldn't even fathom all the rave from folks. However, it is so dee-lish! Very light and almost melts in your mouth. They serve it with this yogurt dressing on it. Something else I couldn't imagine, but it's gosh darn tasty! Since I am a bread lover, the different flavors of naan were right up my alley. Last, the date and toffee pudding...Mmmm Mmmm Mmmmm! I'm kinda finicky and the sound of dates isn't appealing to me, but when I tell you that dessert was gone in like 0.8 seconds....! Great ambiance too and quaint. Ain't cheap, but it's worth it.

Date of visit: January 2015
Reviewed July 29, 2015

This place is amazing. It is literally the best Indian food I've ever had. And the restaurant decor just adds to the experience. Dinner reservations can be challenging to get on short notice but lunch usually is less crowded. GO! And you have to try the Palak Chaat. Delicious.

Date of visit: June 2015
1  Thank mrdcs1
Reviewed July 29, 2015

Amazing Indian food in a hip well-designed setting. Good for couples, friends, or business. The restaurant is expensive, so it is a treat, but one that is well worth the sacrifice.

Date of visit: April 2015
Reviewed July 28, 2015

Great place for something different. Our waiter was excellent - basically he made all the selections since we were not familiar with the Indian food. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: July 2015