“Lucky we finally made it to Rasika” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rasika

Rasika
Reserve with OpenTable
Rasika is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 3,189 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: On D Street Between 6th and 7th Streets.
Transit: Two Block Walk From the China Town/Gallery Place Metro and One Block Walk From the Archives/Navy Memorial Metro.
Maryland
“Lucky we finally made it to Rasika”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

After trying several times, we succeeded in reserving a table. I was told the restaurant is very trendy and busy. Yes it is on both counts. But the experience was very positive. The staff was very nice and helpful, we were seated immediately. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and guided us through with helpful suggestions. We had shrimp wrap and crispy spinach for appetizers, both outstanding. The flavors and the spices were wonderful. Smoky lentils and lamb followed. Again the spices were perfect and very satisfying. We were told the President and first Lady had dined there recently as well as former and future president Clinton. Not a bad reference. I would like to see the wine list a bit more affordable. In the mean time I will order beer which goes well with Indian spices.

Visited January 2014

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Maryland
“Fabulous food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

We arrived late in the afternoon @ 2:30 and the place was still packed! We got a bar table and had the crispy spinch appetizer which is totally amazing. I could have eaten the whole thing myself! had the lamb and shrimp dishes recommended by the waiter and were not disappointed. It's a very hip place and I can imagine it's very crowded in the evening. Food was amazing and staff very accomodating

• Visited December 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wow, what took me so long?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

Went to Rasika last week for dinner. I had always intended to try it, but somehow there were always other places which somehow appeared more interesting. How wrong I was! It was restaurant week and some dishes on the menu were items from the restaurant's regular menu while others were specific to that week. The regular items, such as the bass with puffed rice appetizer- wonderful texture and flavor - and the cod entree - which i think is the most delicious fish I have ever tasted: light yet wonderfully flavorful and cooked to perfection- were spectacular. Then came the desserts. We ordered gulab jamun, which is not usually my favorite, and kheer (to call it just rice pudding would not be doing it justice). The gulab jamun was light rather than the typical gluey mass offered elsewhere and accompanied by the most fabulous cardamom icecream. Service was really excellent, hitting the right notes: not too formal or stuffy, and very helpful and attentive. I'm going back very soon.

1 Thank tradewinder
Middletown, Delaware
“Food is very good, ambience is so-so for families”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

I took my wife and young daughter to this restaurant because we were hungry after a full day of sight-seeing in DC. We ordered from the lunch menu a few appetizers (stuffed plantains, kabobs) and a rice dish. I ordered the tikka Masala to share with my wife. The only thing we didn't like was the vegetable dish. This is a trendy place, that caters to the hip crowd of DC.

Nuuk, Greenland
“Superb food, disappointing attitude”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

The food is definitely worth a try, giving a modern twist on the indian cuisine, resulting in a very delicate taste. In a sense unfortunately, the mains are quite large, so without a larger group willing to share it is not really possible to taste several dishes.

However, I was not happy with the service. I'm not sure whether the reason was they thought a not-so-formal dress (decent jeans) is not good enough for the place, or that I won't be spending there 'enough'. Regardless of the reason, I consider no water refill without asking and the waiter not stopping by while I was eating not really appropriate for this type of restaurant. Besides that, I was seated in the next-to-the bar section, which really should NOT be used for dinning, the tables are plainly too small. Taken together, it made me feel not welcome.