“Love Rasika”
Review of Rasika

Rasika
Reserve with OpenTable
Rasika is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 3,340 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: On D Street Between 6th and 7th Streets.
Transit: Two Block Walk From the China Town/Gallery Place Metro and One Block Walk From the Archives/Navy Memorial Metro.
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Never disappointed...special Indian food unlike what you have experienced before even if good. Great for a special occasion.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,378)

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Rasika is an incredibly pristine, and incredibly delicious restaurant. While it is pricey, it is worth the cost. The food is flavorful, unique, and delicious. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone with an affinity for fine dining.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

So popular, we rarely get reservations with two-week's notice, except for very late dining times. This is our favorite Indian restaurant, but it is out of town for us, thus we only come here for special occasions - our wedding anniversary in this case. We've been here at least a half-dozen times and have never been disappointed. Most recently, my wife had an excellent glass of red wine and I had a craft beer. The meal started with a complementary spicy bowl of sweetened popcorn that contained hot peppers - yum, wakes up your mouth. We shared an order of Ragda Patties made of spiced potato, chick peas, tamarind date, and mint chutney - so good. All meals were served with light, fluffy rice. My wife had the Chicken Green Masala, with very tender, lean Chicken in a green mint sauce with coriander and ground spices. I had the Lamb Nihari with caramelized onions, lamb stock, nutmeg and cinnamon. The lamb was very tender and delicious. Serving staff was attentive, friendly, and knowledgeable. Overall, the meal was superb as always. We made reservations for February. I'm salivating as I write this.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I took my business associates here for a holiday lunch and we were not disappointed. The food was outstanding and very different from what you find in typical Indian restaurants. The service was excellent, it has a great feel and location is in the heart of Penn Quarter. Definitely will come back. Book your table early as it is hard to get reservations.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stopped by Rasika on a Friday without a reservation at opening. They were able to seat us at the kitchen window, where we could watch the chef whip up our tasty small dishes. Didn't order any entrees, but enjoyed many little dishes, which were excellent and plenty! Even the simple lentil dal was outstanding. I love Indian food, and this was amazing stuff at quite a reasonable price. The staff was terrific, as well.