“Classy and interesting”
Review of Rasika

Rasika
Reserve with OpenTable
Rasika is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 3,229 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: On D Street Between 6th and 7th Streets.
Transit: Two Block Walk From the China Town/Gallery Place Metro and One Block Walk From the Archives/Navy Memorial Metro.
Dover, Ohio
“Classy and interesting”
Reviewed July 15, 2008

This was my first time eating Indian food and I really wasn't sure what to order. I ate dinner there by myself as I was in the city taking a grad class. I sat in the bar area at a tiny glass topped table. I went in right at 5:30 and got a seat, but if you don't have reservations, I'm sure it is very difficult to get a table.
I had a blood orange margarita for $11 which was good. I also tried the avocado banana chaat which is an appetizer- I didn't really care for it, but that may just be my taste.
For an entree I had tandoori chicken tikka which was good with white rice and naan bread. I loved the bread and wished I would have listened to the waiter and tried the other rice.
Restaurant is beautiful and the wait staff were very pleasant and quick.

On an interesting note, while I was eating a couple came in and wanted to sit in the bar area. There were 2 tables on each side of me that were empty, but they only had 2 seats a piece. She needed three seats, so she asked me if I would move. Now, normally if I had just received my drink or was waiting on my food, this wouldn't be a big deal, but I had my meal and was 1/2 way through it and was slightly stunned that she would be that rude. Before I had the chance to answer, the manager came over and said that the 2 tables next to me were saved. She became very angry because she said that she called and that they said the bar seating wasn't reserved. She ended up moving somewhere else, but I was really glad that the manager hadn't moved me. All in all, I would try it again. My total was about $50.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Chat Palat. That's all...”
Reviewed July 10, 2008

Chat Palat. That's all you need to know.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I wasn't a fan of Indian...”
Reviewed July 8, 2008

I wasn't a fan of Indian food until I visited this place. Food, drinks and atmosphere were wonderful!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The cocktails are fantastic: stiff and creative enough to go back again and again. The food received all kinds of...”
Reviewed July 8, 2008

The cocktails are fantastic: stiff and creative enough to go back again and again. The food received all kinds of awards, all well deserved. Try the spinach appetizer.

Washi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I'm not a lover of Indian food, for no good reason, but this restaurant is really lovely. And I've always had...”
Reviewed June 26, 2008

I'm not a lover of Indian food, for no good reason, but this restaurant is really lovely. And I've always had exceptionally nice service. Sounds crazy, but get the fried spinach.